PDA

View Full Version : what is the best indianhead penny hunting machine in the entire market

ssserena
04-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Im tired of not getting Indianhead pennies,the etrac is not doing its job picking up deep coins.And Indians are deeper thanever because of 100 years of rain and storms anyways to get back to what I was talking about.Is there such a machine out there that has a certain number for Indians only,like for instance I wanted to hunt a 150 year old farm and I wanted to discriminate out everything except Indians I know its sounds crazy.Positive feedback would be appreciated. :yes:

freemindstuck
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
White's v3i is definitely a deep seeking detector. It doesn't have a number just for indian heads. They share the same vdi range as zinc pennies. But the frequency response in the pinpoint or allmetal mode is distinct from zinc pennies for IH's. IH's hit hardest in 7.5 hz, second hardest in 2.5 hz, and weakest in the 22.5 freq. I personally find quite a lot of them, but they are rarer then wheats. I know that tony2cent finds lots of IH's with his etrac. Maybe you should ask him for advice?

ssserena
04-17-2013, 09:14 PM
alright!Iknow its not because of lack of them because millions were minted and its not because of the 1980s silver rush either because indians arnt silver.So hard to say where there at..

Rob L
04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Well Whites DFX has a program that you can discriminate everything out except what your looking for. But that doesn't mean that you'll get some. They have to be there for you to get them. I lost my hearing aid in a field and didn't realize it was gone till I got home. I used my other hearing aid To set up the detector And I found it. The grass was about 1 ft tall. It took a little while, but when I went over it it sounded off. I also got other signals that were not my hearing aid, so you may dig something other than Indians.

CTDirtFisher
04-18-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm sure Tony can chime in here... but if there is an Indian in the ground... Your E-Trac will find it !!

How long have you had your E-Trac ?? How many Indian Pennies have you found ??

A 6-8 Indian Penny is not a bang bang signal like a 4-6 copper penny (Wheatie), dime, and/or quarter...

It is hard to explain sound wise, but Indians have a lower ferrous number of 8-10 and will read mid 30's... but can dip down into the 20 or read like a Wheaties at times... Much like deeper musket balls, Indians are semi iffy signals for me... but there is always enough there to investigate, pinpoint, and dig...

I found well over 100 Indians while I owned my Etrac (2.5 to 3 years) and have been tearing it up this year with the 3030 on Indians... but I can tell you that most of them I would have found in my 1st year or 2 of detecting... because I did not know what sound they make... Once I figured it out... I missed many many dozens of them that I've gone back and recovered :-)

I would take an E-Trac any day all day to find Indian Head Pennies with...

Respectfully,
Paul

Tony Two-Cent
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
I have owned my E-Trac for exactly two years and in that time I have found 172 Indian Heads with it. It's hard to imagine there is a better machine out there for finding Indian Heads, unless it is the CTX 3030.

There's not much more I can add that I haven't already mentioned in his other thread about finding Indian Heads with the E-Trac:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=12556.0

ssserena
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
What is the numbers on indians?

POKIE73
04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
andy i dont think you realize the questions that you ask are not going to be what you want to hear the only way is to get to know your machine that takes time i have told you my grandson found a few with the ace 250 their is no easy answer to you problem you are going to have to put in a little more time thats the only way dennis :detecting: :detecting:

ssserena
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
how many indians have you gotten in your etrac life dennis?

OxShoeDrew
04-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Ssserena, I gather (from your other thread) you are toying with the idea of switching your etrac for a t2. I can only relay some info from my personal experiences.
I use the T2, my partner uses the f75 (similar to the T2), my third partner uses the Safari (same multi frequency machine as the etrac- less bells and whistles)
The Safari user routinely out hunts us single frequency users. He digs more of everything, especially coins.
I love my T2 but I think I'd be swinging a minelab if I wasn't so weak :blackeye: lol

ssserena
04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
dennis this is a very non complicated question.WHAT IS THE AVERAGE NUMBER FOR INDIANS...Ive dug historic places with the etrac and responded to many high pitches.The 12-35 and lower I ignore.Hey tony do you think I need to respond more to 35 and lower numbers...Tony you are the indian hunter your the man.The only indian I ever got was 12 inches deep and was a iffy signal.I would love to see a graph on indian finds what was there number and how deep was the indan.It would be some cool info!And dennis don't worry man your the :waving:

CTDirtFisher
04-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Here is another E-Trac user that has dug 100+ in a year:

http://www.goes4ever.com/all-about-indians.html

I've dug 100+ total with my E-Trac... They can range conductive wise for Fattys in the 22-24 range and 27-41 for all of the other Indians... It all depends...

but straight up... 4 target nothing else around it and good soil.... They should read a conductive signal of 35....

ssserena
04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
So pay attention to the last numbers under 35 ok where should i stop maybe 29 on the last number?

Tony Two-Cent
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
On the last number I have had Indian Heads ring up as low as 30 and as high as 41.

ssserena
04-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Good to know!I will be paying attention to that now! thumbsup01

CTDirtFisher
04-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Remember Fatty Indians: 1859-1864 Indians are struck in copper-nickel... This Nickel content drives the numbers down to 22-24 (Pull Tab range)... 64's we stuck in both the copper-nickel and bronze (Copper/Tin)...

Flying Eagles 1857/58 also ring in at 12/22-12/24 as well...

marinedad
05-02-2013, 06:53 AM
most of the Indians I get around us in n. ill. andy=ssserena are in the zincoln range on my e-trac.

ssserena
05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Good to know! :)