PDA

View Full Version : Hello All !!!

SWEED
04-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Just joined the forum and thought I would say hello from Alabama!!

Just bought a V3I a couple weeks ago and have already found 105 coins and several relics.

I really am enjoying the V3I but still have alot to learn about it. Mostly been running the stock C&J program and playing with the settings some.

Getting ready for a beach trip in a couple of months. Will see how it does on the beach!!

Anybody have any tips for the beach?

Thanks

Fire Fighter 43
04-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. You have a good machine with the V3i. Good luck and happy hunting.

Skamaniac
04-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Welcome Sweed. I've only been beach hunting once, on the Oregon coast. My advice is this: if it's raining sideways and you're having trouble standing in the high wind, and you're soaked and sandblasted, go home and have some hot chocolate.

BTW, I was stationed in Alabama in the 70's ::usaflag::; loved the area.

aloldstuff
04-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Sweed, welcome from western MA. I also run with the V3i. My first year I ran in C&j but I currently run in Hi-Pro. The High Trash program works pretty well also. This is my 3rd year with it and the finds keep getting better. Good luck and looking forward to your future posts.

SWEED
04-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Welcome Sweed. I've only been beach hunting once, on the Oregon coast. My advice is this: if it's raining sideways and you're having trouble standing in the high wind, and you're soaked and sandblasted, go home and have some hot chocolate.

BTW, I was stationed in Alabama in the 70's ::usaflag::; loved the area.

Thanks Skamaniac!! Which base were you stationed?

del
04-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Sweed , glad you joined up .what are some of your favortite relics so far ??

Dan

OxShoeDrew
04-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I've never beach hunted :shocked01: I guess I could as I live only an hour away. Never crossed my mind :dontknow: One of my partners beach hunts all the time.
Now, as Del inquired, what RELICS lol have you found?
I hope you enjoy your time here :waving:

SWEED
04-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Sweed , glad you joined up .what are some of your favortite relics so far ??

Dan

Not really much to brag about. So far with the v3i I have found 2 silver spoons from an old home site that dates back to the 1890's and a few mini balls from a union fort that I get to visit often near my home.

I was out in my yard today after I got finished doing all the yard work >:( and found a 1919 wheatie, a tax token, copper washer and a brass piece with some silver on it.

There's a guy called Fox over on the whites forum and I loaded up his C&J program today. Works pretty well in my soil !!!

Lowjiber
04-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Welcome from Las Vegas.

Coin/Jewelry works fine at the beach too. Give Yazoo's modified C/J program that I sent you...works great.

Tony Two-Cent
04-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the forum, SWEED! Glad to have you here!

I sounds like you are off and running with your V3i. Keep us updated on your finds. |:cheering:

CODY
05-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Wecome on board from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Will be looking forward to your finds and post. continued good luck to you.

Mudder
05-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome from South Mississippi. Just wanted to wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to your future posts. :waving:

coinnut
05-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist thumbsup01 It's just a matter of time before you get a ton of relics. Dig them iffy signals (especially if they are 6+ inches deep)...you may be surprised what you get. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.