PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Snake Buckle ( Complete ) / 1937 GOLD Class Ring

whydah
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Three weeks ago, I found what I thought was a suspender clip....WRONG.... Although I knew it was old....I just put it into the brass goodies and didn't think much about it anymore... Today after a long day at the beach, I was getting silvers and a few small trinkets... It was when I was on my way back that I started to get the goods... It started with a Best Friends 14 K Gold Charm and chain...Monkey off the back, I could now relax a little... I saw that a friend had a small girls Gold ring and then another guy held up a small gold ring... I was getting anxious... I turned around, headed back, and then slowed to a snail pace... Back to the Brass piece from the other hunt... I was out in the water and got a low growl...I realy thought it was a small gold...Wrong again.... But I was very happy to see an 1860 Civil War SNAKE Belt Buckle sitting in the mud.... I knew exactly what I had when I saw it...and even better.... I had the other piece waiting for me on my desk back at home.... What are the chances? This hobby just keeps getting better...And so does the technology... My Minelab CTX 30 30 has paid for itself in just a couple weeks.... I also got 2 silver rings rite after that in a small area that looked a little deeper than the rest of the area... It proved to be the best area of all day... I got another growl down deep, and this time it was GOLD, it turned out to be a 1937 Gold 18K Class Ring ... it fell from my scoop onto the mud.... I couldn't pick it up fast enough... It has the most unusual stone... It seems to be flesh color? any Ideas? I also scored one more Gold piece, it was the star of david charm... It was also marked 14 K... There were a lot of silver coins today too... I also had 3 silver bracelets way out deep... ... Thanks for looking and good luck out there... There is still more to be found....

Fire Fighter 43
04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Those are some fantastic finds, the buckle is very unique. WTG |:cheering:

del
04-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Those are some fantastic finds, the buckle is very unique. WTG |:cheering:

they sure are Whydah , love the old gold and buckle :smitten:

aloldstuff
04-22-2013, 04:47 AM
Great looking buckle and of course what would be a post from you without gold. :congrats: on some great finds.

Tony Two-Cent
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Man, you will soon have more gold than Fort Knox! |:cheering:

So many great finds, you sure are on a hot streak!

The gold class ring is wonderful, but that snake buckle is truly an awesome piece! :wow:

Your posts are so inspiring! Keep up the good work! :clapping:

whammy
04-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Don't think it can get better than that. Congratulations on some great finds. <:

Rob L
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Wow. Your finds are always great. You have a lot of detectorist. green with envy, including me. |:cheering:

Sal66
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
:omg: Great finds! What are the chances of finding the complete buckle ? That ring is great also, 1888, that been in the water for long time. Did you try tracking down the School name ? I have no Idea what kind of stone that is, I looked at a bunch and came up empty-handed .I think it would just be easier to go to a jeweler that's been around awhile, they should know what kind of stone it is. I wouldn't trust their appraisal though because their all crooked as a politician. rofl
Good Luck/ Nice going