PDA

View Full Version : New to American Detectorist

jimzilla
04-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone, another great site in the best hobby in the world. I am a 38 y/o avid MDer and I have been detecting for 25 years. I grew up in NY and still reside there so I am lucky to have some great hunting oppurtunities nearby. I enjoy finding old coins and relics but I am not into finding the newer stuff. The value of an item, although nice to know, is of little importance to me. I love being able to hold part of history for a brief second and connect to that person who lost it. I look forward to meeting some new people here.

Epi-hunter
04-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. |:cheering:

I love metal detecting for exactly the same reason you do. You described it well. You have a great location to find lots of that history - I'm envious. :)

Looking forward to seeing your finds!

OxShoeDrew
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi Jimzilla,
Like Epi, I totally agree |:cheering: Most others here are of the same mind set. Welcome from the nutmeg state.

aloldstuff
04-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us here and looking forward to your future posts. Your mindset is |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
04-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is always nice to welcome an experianced detectorist to the forum, looking forward to your input. HH and GL

del
04-22-2013, 01:40 AM
How are you Jim , welcome to the forum . you've come to the right place as many , including myself share in your sentiments about the past relics and items we find . looking toward seeing your finds and hearing about their stories. glad you found us here again welcome .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
04-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Welcome from Illinois! Glad to have you here, Jimzilla! :waving:

I enjoy finding old coins and relics but I am not into finding the newer stuff. The value of an item, although nice to know, is of little importance to me. I love being able to hold part of history for a brief second and connect to that person who lost it.

I feel the exact same way, as do many of us here. :yes:

Best of luck with your hunting! |:cheering:

Skamaniac
04-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Greetings from the other coast. I totally agree. Holding a piece of the past and connecting to people long gone is a feeling that's hard to put into words.

Lowjiber
04-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome from Las Vegas. :waving:

I admire your attitude. It's all about the story and the find's history. Kinda Zen-like. Huh?

CODY
05-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Ditto on the reason for metal detecting. I am just as happy to find an old token as a silver coin. Have never sold or got rid of anything except the clad. Glad you found us. Will be looking forward to your finds and post.

Mudder
05-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the group from South Mississippi. We all love the hobby, and for many of us it has become a full time job. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as I do. :waving:

coinnut
05-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Welcome form another New Englander. Gotta love the feeling of seeing something really old come to light, and wonder what it was like during that time period. The closest we have to a time machine lol