PDA

View Full Version : Unique Crotal Bell

Sal66
04-22-2013, 12:37 AM
I haven't found any in a while but I found this unique one several years ago and haven't seen one shaped like it since . I've only seen round and egg-shaped or oval but none that were Acorn shaped . This is the best website I could find about bells.

classicbells.com

del
04-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Sal , that site link is listed as is a couple others in the Ye Olde Relichunter's Resource Guide stickied at the top of the relic category of the forum.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=877.0

Sal66
04-22-2013, 10:38 PM
|:cheering: Thanks Dan. I actually emailed a Pic to the classic.com site and they were very helpful. They gave me a few pages that showed the Acorn Style . Although not exact the ones in the pictures were close enough. Dating from the 1800's most likely . I think it's a Swedish style. I had some more luck at the nursery. Found a 1911 wheatie and a button I can't ID. It's too far gone but looks like there was at design on the front. I also found a few buckles and shards of ceramic on the mounds. They must of hit a trash pit. I'll have to bring the big shovel and look for more trash items, maybe find some bottles. Did you see my rant about the Savage Family Show ? I hate that guy he gives Detecting a bad name.
Take Care. Sal

Thiltzy
04-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Very cool crotal Sal. Nice find