PDA

View Full Version : We are Haunted Again by the Savage Family

Sal66
04-22-2013, 04:29 AM
>:/ >:# >{ >:{ :shocked04:verreaction: :beatdown: :boxing:

I pissed off to say the least !!! I was hoping that Randy Savage Metal Detecting show was going to be cancelled. They give the hobby 100% a bad name and go against everything us good detectorists have worked hard at getting the hobby back to being a good thing. I've seen them use dynamite, large machinery and totally make a mess of the land owner's property after he promises they won't know that they were even there. rofl What a JOKE HE IS ! Just because he was a fake wrestler he thinks he can use his name like a big Star. I laugh when an old lady comes to the door with a rifle yelling to get off her property. rofl rofl
Then he talks like he knows what he's saying when it's clear someone else did the research and he's just reading lines. He calls his company the best recovery business in the Country, what a joke!
I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about the show ? Do you feel like me that it gives Detecting a bad name ?
When I get permission to detect, I make sure that me and the landowner have a 100% agreement as far as what happens when I find things. The guy I'm working with now said I can keep anything I find but if I were to find something of great historical or monetary value then we would make a decision when we cross that bridge, but I told him the chances are rare that it would happen. If it did though, I'm a man of my word and at the least, the item would be loaned to a Museum. If it was say one Old Silver I probably would just pocket it if it was a Cache of Coins then I would do the split and still make out ahead . He has camera's on the property anyway, so I never know if I'm being watched. It's an old farm field so I don't know what possibly could be worth a lot of money. Now it's a Plant Nursery / Cornfield without a fence that's why he has camera's because they've already been robbed . I'm thinking, wouldn't it be cheaper to just put up a fence . I also offered to be a look out by driving by after hours and watching the place but he has someone already but thanked me anyway. I've only seen him 2 times out of 5 since I've detected there, so I don't think he really cares what I find because he never once asked me so that's cool .
Well hope to get some Feedback about the Savage Show
Good luck hunting all ::usaflag:: <;) :uk:usaflag::

nicklehead
04-22-2013, 07:01 AM
This simplest way to exorcise Savage is the off button--or at least turn the channel.

del
04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
just like the wrestling its all staged for the audience Sal and i refuse to view it as well.

POKIE73
04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
the only real bad thing some people really think that is what we do thats the real damage dennis

OxShoeDrew
04-23-2013, 04:31 AM
I did away with TV years ago. thumbsup01

happycamper08
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
the only real bad thing some people really think that is what we do thats the real damage dennis

Really? The show is a complete joke but I don't believe most people think we use dynamite or backhoes. C'Mon time for a reality check.

smittyman
04-23-2013, 09:32 AM
While I totally agree with what has been said - yesterday while hunting a yard a fellow came across the road to strike up a conversation and in the process invited me to come over and hunt his yard. From what he said I believe the shows were what had him interested. I took him up on the offer but found only 5 Memorials and a lot of Bud Lite bottle caps. Now that I think about it maybe it was the Buds that made him so friendly.

Sal66
04-23-2013, 11:18 AM
The bad thing about the show is that it's on Spike TV . I mean no harm, I watch some shows on there that are ok but there are a lot that are stupid like on Tru TV. That's where it belongs. I call it the Redneck Channel. I'm sure they get permission to use machinery or Dynamite when necessary but normal Detectorists don't go blowing up things up and the only time they might use machinery is if their digging bottles or Meteorites in a large farm field in Kansas like I saw once one a show . That's because most of them are feet down and worth thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars .
You can tell it's all scripted and someone else does the research and gets permission. I've yet to see them just detect a location without using the Heavy Artillary . lol
Like you said, you can always change the channel but people are still going to see it and think what's in it for me. Now we have to change tactics and explain we use no large equipment, show them some of the small items we usually find and assure them we will keep things clean by covering holes, picking up after ourselves, etc...
The big factor is to make sure that each person fully understands the rules of detecting on their property. Some may say go ahead, have fun. Some may say they want a share if you find anything of great value. Sometimes you have to take whatever it takes to get permission then pass up a house from say the 1700's or 1800's. A lot of the time they might not even be home, what are they gonna do, follow you around all day. The worst thing to do is if you find a honey hole is to detect it day after day. The owner will get suspicious and you might lose your spot. I've heard of it happening. Long story short. Two guys detected this property so much the owner said that's enough and they were banned. Best thing is to stop by maybe once or twice a month. Maybe more if they work but some people say only detect when their home. So, they can keep an eye on you.
How do you guys that Detect private houses do it ? Do you show the owner the common items you find , do you space you visits apart, do you bond with the owner to gain trust ?
I'd like some feedback, It would be helpful in case I get a house to detect as so far it's been farms and relatives properties.
Thanks Guys/ Gals

ssserena
04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Im a straight forward person and spike tv is blante they dont care for morals and when they show inappropriate stuff at children hours!My son and i were watching tv at 6 pm and during the commercials they showed a terrible scene from paranormal activity 3.I was flabragasted sorry if i got the spelling wrong for you english majors in here.
Anyways to get back to my point.Ban spike tv!!!!! :beatdown:

Rob L
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
That show is giving Metal Detecting a bad rap. Like you say (Its all staged.) >:/

marinedad
04-24-2013, 10:11 AM
best way to do away with the show is to stop watching.

happycamper08
04-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Ban spike tv!!!!! :beatdown:

Well that's a good idea. Let's just abolish the 1st amendment. >{

Sal66
05-09-2013, 02:12 AM
:hairpulling: Yea you can turn the TV off or change the Channel, but it's still there for those curious people who also like to watch show about making Moonshine or growing Weed . That's getting way out of hand in Cali / Florida. All you need is a note from your Doctor that you have back problems and you can buy weed anytime you want then they sell it to their friends. With Moonshine the regulations an fees are so difficult that most of the Old-timers can't even read what need to be done to got legitimate plus the Gov't gets most of the profits in taxes.
Like some of you said about staging, even those Storage Wars shows are staged ! What's next Wrestling being staged and faked ? rofl
The only one I like is Gold Rush and now they have a Mineral finding show . What's up with this American Hogger's show ? A bunch of Texans chasen Hogs off peoples properties. rofl