PDA

View Full Version : Finally got permission

RaZR
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
There is an old empty house that i pass every trip up to my parents house. So the other day as i was on my way back i saw a guy dumping lime from a big dumptruck. I stopped and asked if he knew who owned the property. He gave me directions to the owners house not far from where we were. So i knock on the door and an older lady answers. I tell her what i want and she says she'll call her son and ask him. He gives me the okey dokey if i'll stop back over and show what i found. So today i get up early pack a sandwich and some chips and head over. Well, after hunting all around the house i headed over to the owners place to show him the treasure and trash. Mom wasn't home and the son who gave me permission wasn't around so i showed my stuff to his brother. Alot of trash some pieces of copper and .83 in coins. Two clad quarters (one a 1967) two clad dimes and 13 pennies. Six are wheats but the oldest is a 1949. The brother asked if it usually costs more for gas to get to where i'm hunting than i find. I had to tell the truth, yeah most of the time. crying01

I thought that place would be a bonanza! Guess it's true you can never tell where you'll find the good stuff and where you won't. :dontknow:

OxShoeDrew
04-23-2013, 04:21 AM
That happens to me a lot. Last year I gained permission at a 300 year old house only to find that they brought in top soil in the 1950s, covering everything older. Oh well...onward. :grin: