PDA

View Full Version : Silver still producing but no IH yet.

skribnod
04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I made it out sunday with donna again, hitting a new spot and and revisiting a old spot we hunted before. I picked up a Merc and Buffalo (hit it with the lesche). Monday produced a first for me...Franklin half , a nice rosie another buffalo (knicked it with the lesche). Got a small pile of wheats and a gold band from a bracelet. The token was a in the field and was worth 5 cents. The gold was encrusted with green junk but chipped right off. I think the inside had a copper center but still rings up 12-6 on the etrac, gonna take it and have it tested. Thanks for looking.

aloldstuff
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Some nice hunting. You're looking for IH's and I'm looking for the buffs.... rofl The Franklin is great, another coin on my hit list. :congrats: on all those keepers.

Hook
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
thaats a great hunt when you find that big silver..congrats! lots of good keepers in that pile!!

milco
04-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Great finds! Gold, big silver, token, it's hard to beat that! Looks like some fun hunting!

ssserena
04-22-2013, 10:45 PM
consider yourself very fortunate ive been swinging the etrac like wild man the last 2 weeks and dug thousands of holes in nurous properties and spent most of the winter doing research and have (1)single lone Roosevelt to show for it!The local detectist have hammered the parks so freakin hard its sick :white:usaflag::

Tony Two-Cent
04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Another great report, Don! |:cheering:

I love the Franklin Half! Congrats on that one! :clapping:

Nice Merc, Rosie, token and buffalos too.

:congrats:

ChrisinCT
04-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I wanted an IH for almost a year with no luck.

I found my first IH this past January and have found five more since.

They will come.

My mistake was partially due to be skipping 51 VDI's thinking they were zincs.

Three of mine were found at an inch deep so don't avoid those.

POKIE73
04-24-2013, 06:05 AM
i have found a hundred indians and not one franklin half just goes to show you never know what will show up congrats on a great find dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

ssserena
04-24-2013, 11:53 AM
You figured dennis if you dropped a half dollar back in the early 50s you would look for it a long time because you didnt want daddy to wip ya when you got home!

CODY
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Very nice finds. A lot of Franklins turning up here lately. Congrats!

CTDirtFisher
04-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Franklin Half Dollars are sweet... Actually any Silver Half Dollar is Sweet :-)

toss in an old merc, a nice '37 Buffalo, a nice little pile of wheat backed pennies...

:happy: <: :happydance01: :bananadance:

starman2
04-25-2013, 11:43 AM
:perfect10: :congrats: On your first Half! I would kill for a Franklin. The closest I've got to a silver half. Is a 65 Kennedy. Good going on the other finds too. Great looking Totonka! WTG!! :bananadance:

Calvin
05-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I sure do love seeing Ol' Ben show up. If only I had kept those half dollars I got for my birthday when I was a kid......but back then you could buy 10 candy bars with one of those guys.