PDA

View Full Version : best butcher

lee
04-23-2013, 05:45 PM
ive been entered into wholefoods best butcher of the year contest !!!!! .
the first round is on may 1st in boston and if i win that i go to atlanta georgia for the all america best butcher.
cant see a red coat winning though , can you ?....lmao

Tony Two-Cent
04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Best of luck to you, Lee!

We let a Brit play Spider-Man and now Superman, so I guess we can let you win the Best Butcher award. lol thumbsup01

aloldstuff
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
America is the land of equal opportunity. Hope you can out butcher everybody.

OxShoeDrew
04-27-2013, 04:58 AM
I hope you've been practicing :pirate:
Let us know how you make out and best to luck :groovy:

del
04-27-2013, 07:49 AM
congrats Lee , i'll be rooting for ya :cheering: :cheering: hope you make the cut ;)

lee
04-27-2013, 09:22 AM
thanks people , i have not cut bone in carcass meat for the six years ive been over here and the butchers im going to be up against cut it every week in there shops so it will be interesting to see if im as good as i used to be......the words to fat and to old spring to mind.... :sick: but ill do me best.
we all have nick names and im the .......drum roll..........the English bulldog, i think its coz my teeth are crooked,i drool a lot, and i smell bad.

lee
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
just to let you lads and lasses know the competition was yesterday and.............I WON !!!!!!!.
now i go to some place called portland in oregon to compete against the best in the whole of yankland !!!!!! and if i win i get a two week trip to iceland,norway,denmark and sweden cruising the fjords, as you can imagine the american wifes pretty pleased infact shes swinging from the shandalers as we speek.

Tony Two-Cent
05-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey, that's awesome, Lee! |:cheering:

Best of luck in Portland! :crossfingers:

:perfect10:

del
05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Them Yanks should NEVER underestimate the English Bulldog :clapping: :clapping:

Congrats on the victory Lee , best of luck in Portland

OxShoeDrew
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Congratulations Lee! That's great news. Keep it up in Portland.

aloldstuff
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
WTG Lee. That trip sounds exciting and I hope to see you doing your best in Portland.
You gonna bring the detector with you on the trip:huh:thinkingabout:

lee
05-09-2013, 05:10 AM
WTG Lee. That trip sounds exciting and I hope to see you doing your best in Portland.
You gonna bring the detector with you on the trip:huh:thinkingabout:

not sure the wife will suffer me bringing the detector but who knows ?

BOWSER
05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
congrats, 34 years at it myself ,here in Boston, was it a full breakdown or boning an arm chuck |:cheering:

lee
05-11-2013, 02:57 AM
it was a 158 round or a top bit as we would call it in england bowser .
we had to brake it down into its primals then it was all about how many products you could get out of it,speed played a factor , and how much trim.
ive been butchering the same amount of time as you 34 years , where in boston do you work ? i was up at fresh ponds couple of week ago to have a practice on some bone in beef , the same day thay locked the city down.

BOWSER
05-11-2013, 03:25 PM
when i started, we broke everything down, it' has been ten years since i've worked ,mostly in supermarkets all over Boston. I am quite sure i could never had accomplished what you have at anytime in my carreer. congrats again JIM