PDA

View Full Version : Weekend finds Civil War token, shoe buckles, coins and more

Thiltzy
04-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Another weekend hunting cellar holes and colonial homes. The 1750 standing home that I found my 2nd GW button was my 1st destination for the weekend. My Uncle and I were planning on hunting the house and at the last minute, I decided to invite Dave 8/ 8/

Welp , everyone knows by now that Dave found the other 3 GW's that went along with a 4 piece set that mine had apparently been a part of. I had pointed out the area to Dave and my Uncle where I found my GW a week earlier. Big mistake! Before I could get my gear together and turn on my machine, Dave was like a blood hound swinging his coil :detecting: all around that area rofl rofl The rest is History :bop:

I was very Happy for Dave and his finds. My weekend turned out ok as I was able to find my first Civil War token dated 1863. The peddler badge was a very unique find as was a counter stamped Indian Head. A nice ornate shoe buckle had me scratching me head as it seems some bored colonial settler decided to curl it up into I don't know what :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Another nice half of shoe buckle found my coil along with a hand full of buttons. The 1949 Washington and wheat penny's seemed out of place at one cellar hole.
A really neat advertising token dated 1887 and a copper stamped with the number 35 were nice surprises as well. Three Indian heads dated 1868,1898 and 1904 added to my booty. It seems that Dave found the quality while I found the quantity and the weekend turned out great for everyone.

Thiltzy
04-23-2013, 05:49 PM
More Pics ;)

lee
04-23-2013, 05:53 PM
does that say fashions for spring 1887 ? that is so funny ha ha ha ....ya just dont think about people that long ago worrying about fashion do ya ?
bloody cool though matey, well done.

Sal66
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
<: Love the License for a peddler, funny. I like the token also, never found one yet. As far as the buckle, If you heat it and use a rubber mallet you might be able to bend it slowly back straight as possible. That's a nice haul of relics I'm jealous over compared to my finds lately.
:congrats: AGAIN !

del
04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey Todd the peddler badge is very cool and i suspect it was like a liscense to bother people back in the day so the local constable counldn't run you out of town lol rofl looky there your now legal to officially bother Dave whenever your wearing it |:cheering: lol lol

congrats on the token , i'm a little surprised its not in better shape as they usually hold up a bit better. :dontknow: the shoe buckle looks a bit to folded and will probably snap if you try to bend it back , there are some guys that are great at doing it but i would never attempt one that far bent.

i hate finding any modern coin at an old cellar site , its very disheartening and you almost expect someone over your sholder to say ....

AH , HA FOOLED YOU . but its always comes in handy to throw in front of your hunting buddy rofl lol

hey congrats Todd

Lodge Scent
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
It seems that Dave found the quality while I found the quantity and the weekend turned out great for everyone.

GW buttons aside, don't sell your self short. You have some REALLY cool finds there. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2013, 07:25 PM
awesome stuff Todd! love that peddlers badge! now wait a minute! back up bucko! for the record i went to the front yard and spent an hour there while you both puttered in the back yard.it's when you guys cleared out is when i swooped in to that sacred area. :teasing: i think :thinkingabout: it's all just a blur really :embarrassed:
amazing weekend,some great finds all around.wishing you the best up at the bone hunt! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
04-25-2013, 06:54 AM
The peddlers badge is a great find. Take Dan's advice and wear it so that you can bother Dave. You had some great finds. the 1868 IH is really a cool one to get. Next time try to tape a penny under Dave's coil.....