PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalk hunt pays off again.

skribnod
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM
It seems like the Indians are running from me this year but the silver runs at me :cheesysmile:. I had several chores to do tonight after work and finished up late, so I decided to hit local curbs/sidewalks for a hour and see what I can find. I never hunted curbs/sidewalks before this year and I am very surprised at the results. Picked up a V nickel, Buffalo, 2 rosies, 1 Merc, a token, some old jewelry and a few other cool items. I think there must be a Indian head penny somewhere along those curbs. Thanks for looking.

aloldstuff
04-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Curbs/sidewalk strips can really pay off. :congrats: on your 3 silvers, the V and Buff. I am still buffaloless for the year, maybe I should be hitting some curbs around here.

ChrisinCT
04-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Your success hunting Swales has reignited my interest in doing the same.

I tried what I thought would be good ones to try , but didn't find much except clad and car parts.

I think I'll give them another try.

Good finds thanks for sharing.

bob_e99
04-27-2013, 09:17 AM
I tried what I thought would be good ones to try , but didn't find much except clad and car parts.

Yes, this has also been my experience with curb hunts along with bottle caps, pop tops, etc. etc. I guess I have to move up to a classier neighborhood :)

That was a very nice hunt and I really like the V nickel which is still on my list along with so many other coins.

Continued good hunting and thanks for sharing your finds.

CODY
04-28-2013, 12:07 PM
WOW! Hard to beat that! :congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
04-30-2013, 06:53 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....on a roll that I hope lasts a long time for you. Nice scoffs. <;)

Ill Digger
05-01-2013, 01:44 AM
:peace: Oh yeah! <:
I loooove those parkways !! |:cheering:
I've had real good luck hunting them!
It looks like you've had a run of good luck with them too! :perfect10:
Congrats! :grin:

:thinkingabout:
Ever wonder why you park on a driveway, and drive on a Parkway? :dontknow: :confused: lol

POKIE73
05-01-2013, 05:46 AM
looks like it was worthwhile for you great hunt with some good finds i went one time it was a little different but i know some that do it a lot and they do well congrats on your finds dennis

jkress
05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
These areas can pay off for sure. :yes: They sure did for you. :clapping:
Awesome bunch of keepers. :clapping: Hang in there, you'll get the IH very soon.

Tony Two-Cent
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Wow, very nice, Don! |:cheering:

Three silver dime s and two old nickels including a V! :happydance01:

Keep hitting those curbs! thumbsup01