PDA

View Full Version : SLQ, merc and interesting item

hockeyguy
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Got this SLQ with a solid 00 27-28. No warble and thought it was a can or car part, but not htis time. 2nd quarter for me this year.yeah.
Dug this merc at another park. Located even another I am certain is a silver dime butburied in or under a MAJOR tree root network and cannot get it out.
Found this charm not too far away, I would guess that it is silver but a bit tarnished...not sure why. It did come up as a possible IH or dime.
And I also got another quarter/half-dollar hit and it turned out to be this item. Thought it was a pocket watch, however, it's too light. WHilest putting it in my pocket, the face plate came off. Appears to have a wick and fill nozzle with gauze inside....I wonder if this was some sort of hand held light, An old fashioned flashlight?
Sure like a guess from others out there.

I actually tried using some discrimination today,....down to 25. What I noticed is that I can move along a bit faster, but will need more time to adjust to the difference.

Anyway thanks for looking.

Aaron

ProPointer
04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Pictures are a bit blurry to tell anything....

But on the otherhand, Nice job on the SLQ. I still have yet to score the 1st real silver of 2010. thumbsup01

hockeyguy
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Better pics..looks like its says 1431 joanne d'arc 1431

cliff490
04-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Thats some nice finds :yes: Can you make out any writing on the lighter? Could be religious and maybe used in a church to light candles. Did it come from the same place as the median?
Get a drywall saw for them roots and go back after that other silver thumbsup01

xzlr8n
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Cool stuff, lighter is neat. Keep us updated on what it is exactly. SLQ is always a great find, congrats. thumbsup01

angellionel
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Those are some great finds, Aaron. A very nice mix, and all of them keepers. Nice going. :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-24-2010, 06:18 AM
I love that thing, whatever it is. You said it was a lighter?

Congrats on the silver!!! :)

CyberSage
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Holy cow! Get that thing posted over to the What Is It section. That is a really neat find. Good job on the SLQ. Congratulations.

Jack