PDA

View Full Version : B.O.N.E. in NH this past weekend

RobW
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM
I went up to New Hampshire for the BONE goins on this weekend. I was a little disappointed in the show and lectures. The guys Minelab sent out really didn't know the machines and they didn't even bring a detector into the siminars. However, I met a lot of great guys and made a lot of new friends. The time went by quickly just talking to people. It was great...and kinda funny...you'd be talking with someone, trading war stories. then it would hit you...I've seen your post...so that's who you are..........that happened SEVERAL times while I was up there (several forum members). Meeting everyone was the best part.
It was good for everyone from beginners to those who have been doing it for awhile. I went to the awards dinner...a bit cramped...and eating off of paper plates...but it was fun hanging out and having some drinks with all the guys...and gals.....
Al met up with me at the BIG hunt on Sunday morning...I was amazed on how fast it went..then again, I've never seen that many people in a field detecting before :shocked03:. We were given 2hrs to hunt. It was basically over in 40 min. Below were my finds. I figured I did about average though I wish I had found one of the halves or large cents. Al and I agreed...these do not count towards our totals \:hammer:
Overall, it was a good experience. But I believe it will be my first and last.

z118
04-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Cool report! That's a nice pile of goodies too. It's weird seeing shiny V nickles... lol. The MD club in this area has a yearly hunt, I've been on the fence for years about checking it out, but reading your report makes it seem like it might be pretty fun.

RobW
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
I've been on the fence for years about checking it out, but reading your report makes it seem like it might be pretty fun.

It was a good time, and was great meeting lots of people. I've honestly never met a large group of people that were so friendly and willing to invite you out or do whatever they could for ya. Everyone was welcoming...even to the newbies of the hobby. I definatly made lots of new friends! :grouphug:

ssserena
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
very nice now this was what i was talking about the other day!Great stuff!This is where it sucks to live in the midwest!Not enough training info and the other detectist dont share info.i envy the northeast for this!

RobW
04-29-2013, 01:10 PM
very nice now this was what i was talking about the other day!Great stuff!This is where it sucks to live in the midwest!Not enough training info and the other detectist dont share info.i envy the northeast for this!

The other detectorists were great, lots of tips, not just about the machines, but where and how to hunt from their experiences. I wanted to try out a new 3030...a guy was standing there and invited me out to his truck to play with his for awhile, which of course I could not pass up the opportunity :cheesysmile:.

Again, I can't reiterate enough about how welcoming everyone was there. I went not knowing anyone, and by the time I left I knew almost everyone.