PDA

View Full Version : Silver Sunday...

UK55
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
:uk:usaflag::

Not been on for a while, and not been getting out much either :detecting: Got a new XP Deus recently and managed some good silvers on sunday. The man with many wives Silver Groat :hysterical: and a very nice Roman Silver Denarius of the Emporer Septimus Severus...Have a look.. |:cheering:
Two of the pictures show the coin how they were found, the groat was just peeking through the sandy soil, and the Roman silver was in the clod, as I turned it over..
The Roman Silver required some cleaning, as it had iron leaching from the heavily contamanated soil, before and after shots..

CODY
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Sweet! Congrats

RaZR
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
I never knew that Henry the VIII had a beauty mark. rofl

Those are some sweet coins. I never find cool stuff like that. If i could swim that far i would find those too! 8/

GL/HH

aloldstuff
04-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Those are some great finds. good luck with the new XP Deus, I've heard great things about that detector.

leslie(nova scotia)
05-24-2013, 06:48 PM
From the land of the Bluenose......sweet hammie Kipper. Good luck on your next outing and thanks for psoting! <;)

Fire Fighter 43
05-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Very nice congrats on a couple of great finds, WTG |:cheering:

swamp yankee
05-24-2013, 11:21 PM
:uk:usaflag::

Not been on for a while, and not been getting out much either :detecting: Got a new XP Deus recently and managed some good silvers on sunday. The man with many wives Silver Groat :hysterical: and a very nice Roman Silver Denarius of the Emporer Septimus Severus...Have a look.. |:cheering:
Two of the pictures show the coin how they were found, the groat was just peeking through the sandy soil, and the Roman silver was in the clod, as I turned it over..
The Roman Silver required some cleaning, as it had iron leaching from the heavily contamanated soil, before and after shots..
Great finds UK,congrats are in order! HH and hope you find many more this season.....

coinnut
05-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Finding coins from that time in history can make the whole day of digging junk worth it lol Nice finds!!

JTGOLD
05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
very nice finds,wtg.

Lodge Scent
05-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Awesome digs !

tanacat
05-30-2013, 12:22 AM
:clapping: Fantastic! Thanks for sharing :cheering: