PDA

View Full Version : 3 Copper Day with you know who...

Thiltzy
04-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Dave always beats me to the forum but thats only because I have to drop his butt at home and then drive 35 mins before i get home :teasing:

Anyway, we decided to free lance it into the woods today and try and find cellar holes that are to old to be on the maps. On a hunch that Dave had, we headed into the bush. Stone walls were everywhere, they seemed to go in every direction you could imagine. Finding a hole was going to be a difficult task but luckily our cellar hole hunting intuition paid off nicely.

My spider man senses kicked in when I noticed a small pile of brownstone that seemed out of place. The slight depression in the ground and intials on a stone gave me hope that we located an unknown home site. 5 coppers later and a handful of relics gave Dave and I that stisfying day we were hoping for.
I scored 3 coppers which consisted of a 1738 KG II, and two shot coppers in which one of them I can make out only part of the word Georgivus and a bust facing right. Two complete pewter buttons, a gold filled jewelry piece of some sort and a robust musket ball were some welcomed finds.

Thiltzy
04-29-2013, 08:51 PM
More pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-30-2013, 05:40 AM
ok enough with the droppin my arse off stuff eh? >:tongue: glad we found the site spidey! :happydance01: i still say theres a few more oldies lurkin around that site.there's gotta be. nice finds & the musket ball is a monster! :shocked03:

del
04-30-2013, 06:14 AM
now that copper looks to be a fresher drop , that probably dates your site better . congrats Todd , nice copper hat-trick :clapping: :clapping:

RobW
04-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice digs Todd. :clapping:

It was good meeting you on Sunday in NH.

aloldstuff
04-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Todd, first off I want to say it was real nice to be able meet you up at the BONE. Secondly, great that you got the 3 coppers and not you know who..... rofl.

OxShoeDrew
04-30-2013, 05:55 PM
You guys are on a roll, keep it up. There is some serious meat on that KG ...congrats!

Thiltzy
04-30-2013, 06:44 PM
ok enough with the droppin my arse off stuff eh? >:tongue: glad we found the site spidey! :happydance01: i still say theres a few more oldies lurkin around that site.there's gotta be. nice finds & the musket ball is a monster! :shocked03:
We can get back out there and do some more searching when I have fresh legs. All that hiking in the Mountains of New Hampshire turned my legs into mush.

now that copper looks to be a fresher drop , that probably dates your site better . congrats Todd , nice copper hat-trick :clapping: :clapping:
Thanks Dan

Nice digs Todd. :clapping:

It was good meeting you on Sunday in NH.
Same here Rob, hope you guys had fun!

Todd, first off I want to say it was real nice to be able meet you up at the BONE. Secondly, great that you got the 3 coppers and not you know who..... rofl.
Nice to have met you as well Al. As if I didn't get enough hunting in New Hampshire, Dave and I were right back to the cellar holes in CT. :blackeye: :blackeye: :stretcher:

Lodge Scent
04-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Darn good hunt !

RobW
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Al, Rob, Todd at BONE...photo courtesy of Bob

Thiltzy
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Al, Rob, Todd at BONE...photo courtesy of Bob
The photo is of my better side <} <}