PDA

View Full Version : 1803 Draped Bust, and an early marine cuff button

sniffy
04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
AHHH finally the weekend! I got a few hours to hunt today so I decided to go back to the spot that has rewarded me with a nice handful of coppers, capped bust dime, and two other marine buttons just like this one. (only this one is smaller). The draped bust was trying it's very best to hide behind an oxe shoe...BUT once I moved it the DFX went bonkers. It must have only been a foot away from the last draped bust, and 1827 large cent I found. I'm sure it was a pocket spill, but it just took 3 seperate hunts to gather the spill. ALOT of iron around the cellar hole. Im constantly moving it trying to stir up some more good stuff. The small marine button was also mixed up in the nails and scrap, somehow after several times slowly going over this one area I managed to find this small button. This site is very large and Im very confident that there is more to be found, however the large majority of items that have been found has been very close to the cellar hole and barn hole. I really need to start bringing a camera in the field with me. I heard a dog barking a ridge or two over (which is strange, no houses within 2 miles or so. Must of been a stray dog or just loose). Anyhow, all of the sudden out of the corner of my eye I see a bounding deer headed straight towards me. It slammed it's breaks on prolly 30 yards away, froze. I to am frozen solid just watching. So I pretend to grunt at the deer to see what kind of reaction I could get. Nothin. So then, I snorted at this big fat doe to see what she would do. ANd then, she fired her tail straight up and started prancing away. I mean, she was like a show horse. She was raising her legs very high each step, I've seen alot of deer in my time...but never seen one do this.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
nice hunt! bored at home watching tv yee haw

John M
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice finds Jesse and good patience picking through the nails. Removing all the junk and iron signals should open it some more.Iron does give off a much larger halo than other metals,after you break the halo it may take a few rain storms to dissipate it.So returning after a few weeks or months after removing larger items may be best.I have seen a large iron item mask items a foot or so away from it.

sniffy
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Nice finds Jesse and good patience picking through the nails. Removing all the junk and iron signals should open it some more.Iron does give off a much larger halo than other metals,after you break the halo it may take a few rain storms to dissipate it.So returning after a few weeks or months after removing larger items may be best.I have seen a large iron item mask items a foot or so away from it.
Yeah, it really takes alot of patience. I've learned to just slow down and examine every signal before hastily moving on. Sometimes with a little play, you can make a bad signal good and suprise yourself with a descent button. Iron is probally masking sooooo many good targets at the sites that I have been to.

del
04-24-2010, 09:03 PM
nice copper Jesse and a cuff button too. congrats man thumbsup01 you've been cleaning up at that place keep it up as i suspect even more

coinnut
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Niceeeeeeeeeeeee lol That place will be you hunting grounds until you are old rofl That was some good hunting for just a couple of hours thumbsup01 Iron sucks :rolleyes:

sniffy
04-25-2010, 07:58 AM
nice copper Jesse and a cuff button too. congrats man thumbsup01 you've been cleaning up at that place keep it up as i suspect even more
Yeah, that spot has been pretty good to me (and Dave). I'm sure there's more to be found. I hope to meet up with you guys soon, I have some questions about the DFX Programs, I'm sure you can help me.

sniffy
04-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Niceeeeeeeeeeeee lol That place will be you hunting grounds until you are old rofl That was some good hunting for just a couple of hours thumbsup01 Iron sucks :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'll be your age rofl in a ATV wheel chair with an automatic detector on the front swinging back and forth with a weedwhacker attachment....It'll be nice, I'll have a mosquito net around me....I'll call it the copper coach thumbsup01

coinnut
04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I'll be your age rofl

Remind me to give you some of this :bop: :bop: :bop: when we go down there lol I sure hope you youngins' can keep up with me and don't want to quit in an hour rofl

a ATV wheel chair with an automatic detector on the front swinging back and forth with a weedwhacker attachment....It'll be nice, I'll have a mosquito net around me....I'll call it the copper coach thumbsup01

I gotta get me one of those :drool:

sniffy
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Remind me to give you some of this :bop: :bop: :bop: when we go down there lol I sure hope you youngins' can keep up with me and don't want to quit in an hour rofl

I gotta get me one of those :drool:
I'll be sure to wear my helmet!