PDA

View Full Version : 1 hunt 1 coin

z118
04-30-2013, 08:34 PM
I got out this evening for a bit, but every spot I went to was filled with people walking, playing, practicing, etc. The warm weather is nice but the trouble is it brings everyone else out too... I kind of miss the cold March weather when it seems like I have the whole world to myself. At any rate I wound up at a wooded spot of mine that I wasn't too excited about hunting as my last few hunts there have not produced anything of note. Beggars can't be choosers though and it was nice just to get out. I dug the usual trash along with a fragment of a large bell, an old pocket knife, and a few casings. Finally I got a coin tone, the numbers were 5-12 but it sounded like a nickel so I was pretty confident it would be one. I was very hopeful it would be my first shield nickel but instead it was a worn 1911 V nickel. Not a bad find find for me at all, and it was nice to head home with one coin at least.

Happy hunting...

Ill Digger
05-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I was very hopeful it would be my first shield nickel but instead it was a worn 1911 V nickel.
8/ Oh man! When I seen your title I thought for sure you got one off your list! lol
So close! You got the right coin for me to win the guess.... it just needs to be a liiiiiiittle bit older. lol
\Still a nice find! I rather find only one old coin in a hunt rather than a bunch of clad any day! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

POKIE73
05-01-2013, 05:49 AM
like ill digger said better to find one old one than all clad congrats on your find i was hoping for a flying eagle though dennis maybe next time |:cheering: |:cheering:

bob_e99
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
:wow:

Even when you find 'nothing', you find something. A 'V' nickel still eludes me.

Continued good hunting.

CODY
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I also am V nickleless! Holy cow, is that a word! :blackeye: Oh well, you know what I mean. :congrats: on a great find.

jkress
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Nothing wrong with these keepers. Congrats on the V. :clapping: The crotal bell was a big one. :shocked04:

Ill Digger
05-01-2013, 11:48 PM
I also am V nickleless! Holy cow, is that a word! :blackeye: Oh well, you know what I mean.
:yes: Sure! thumbsup01 It must be. I knew what you meant! lol

aloldstuff
05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Out of the woods comes a V. Great find.

Tony Two-Cent
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
That's one more V Nickel that isn't lost to the sands of time. |:cheering:

:congrats: