PDA

View Full Version : Hoping a few clubs might be interested....

Dick Stout
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM
http://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/adding-a-little-icing-to-the-cake/#more-4870

del
05-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Hello Mr.Stout ,
I hope your doing well Sir?

First i would like to congratulate you and Whites on a putting forth a nice jesture and collaboration to help the environment and nature . More importantly i give you huge kuddos on getting Whites to agree and to move on anything positive and donate products or resources to. This would be the first time i've seen Whites participate in anything like this in a very long time . Lord knows i've been trying to get them onboard of another great cause hobbyists collaborating with archaeologists for years now , it would also promote their company and products in a very positive way and the costs would be far less than what you have proposed here. Whats your secret , threats of violent activities in Sweet Home , maybe you have dirt on upper management to use as extortion , lol lol . I kid of course but to be very honest i've seen their biggest competitor do more and be at more places promoting and helping the hobby in general in many more ways and levels . While i don't use a Minelab , I do have much more respect for them and the extra they do for the hobby , their attitude to embrace and possibly grow with that part of the field. As for cleaning the environment there are tens of thousands of us that quietly do it in America's parks , schools , beaches and woods on a daily basis. personally i'd just rather a simple nod , wave or thank you from people who don't look at me like i'm malicious , destitute or destroying public property. Dick , I wish you well on this endevor and hope you get a lot of participation and Whites can improve their image with some of us who have been waiting for them to do so.

Dan

Dick Stout
05-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Del, thanks for your reply. No, I do not have any dirt on the folks in Sweet Home, and in fact love them to death.

As for their participation in all things archaeological I hope you will cut them some slack, and see how things pan out over the long run. As for Minelab, I wish them well, but will stick with my friends in Sweet Home.

Thanks....

RaZR
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
In the last few weeks I've picked up enough broken glass at a local school and a not so local park to start my own glass recycling center. Along with trash and other metal items that could be dangerous for children playing there. I'm not in a club.
But I do these things because they are the right thing to do. Not for a prize, not because people will think i'm a wonderful person. I know that people will still call and report me for messing up the park. And the teenagers will still snicker about what i'm doing for a hobby. And someday there will be laws that any property owned by the city,state or federal government will be off limits to geeks with metal detectors. Because the general public will never see these stories in the paper on page 12.
They will remember &quot:beerbuddy:OOM BABY and see us as stealing history for profit.

Sal66
05-07-2013, 09:34 AM
:wow: I must say Mr. Stout, this would be a great idea. This would show the community just how we really are. A lot of people think we are like bottle bin pickers eager to find loose change. They don't realize we are smart people with knowledge of history of the Wars and the way early settlers use to live. They don't realize how much garbage we help throw away each year . This type of program is what is going to get us back on to private property with confidence from the landowner.
It's funny you contacted us because I was looking at a Silver Round I purchased years ago . I sent an Email a few years ago to the President of the FDMAC about a Silver Round I own that I was told was from the 2nd Convention. I'm wondering if it may have been you or not . I was told that this person I Emailed owned Coins #1/#2 . He asked me to see if I could be on the look out for anymore of the Silver Rounds but I haven't located any online but I'm sure there's more out there because mines #76. I have a picture maybe in my finds Album.

Dick Stout
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Sal, don't think it was me although I do have the #1 silver round (FMDAC). I believe mine was from the 86 convention, but not positive. I can't remember what I had for breakfast....

Not sure they will be worth more than their silver content unfortunately. Anyone and everyone has silver rounds made today, although the price has certainly gone up.

Hope you or your club will consider the Stand Up and Clean Up challenge. Great way to promote your club and polish our image.