PDA

View Full Version : Found my second post colonial copper coin

Robbie
05-05-2013, 09:36 AM
I helped my cousin rebuild his front steps on his house(built in 1902),the other day,and I decided to detect the dirt before I rebuild.What a surprise,within a minute or two,I got a loud signal on the surface that I could see without digging.It looked like a large cent to me,which was green/brown in color.My cousin was there and I showed it to him.He immediately took in in and washed it off.without any luck of it cleaning up,he handed it back to me and said it looked like a punchout from a outlet box.I told him that I take it home and try electrolisis on it.Sure enough I saw a head on it.It is a GeorgeIII.Very poor shape,and the back was smooth with no detail at all.No date,but I know it`s 1700`s.I called my cousin and told him what I found.I offerd it back to him yesterday,and he said what am I going to do with it.I told him keep it for bragging rights,I already have one.It`s cool too hold history from the 1700`s.Sorry I did`nt take a pic of it.Like I said it`s very poor and hard to see.

RaZR
05-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Still need a picture. Even of ugly coins. :congrats:

del
05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
King George the Ist and III both face to the right and George the IInd face to the left when looking at the coins. If it is a George the III there a good chance its a counterfiet , still would like to see a picture Robbie. |:cheering:

Robbie
05-07-2013, 07:24 AM
King George the Ist and III both face to the right and George the IInd face to the left when looking at the coins. If it is a George the III there a good chance its a counterfiet , still would like to see a picture Robbie. |:cheering:

Here`s a picture of my first one,which is in better shape than my second.

aloldstuff
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice find....surprised that your cousin did not want it. Hope you can go back and detect some more of that land.

mike l
05-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice King George, you gotta get back there, looks like that yard goes way back. :yes: