PDA

View Full Version : Is It a Civil War Item?? (More Pic's Updated)

buck57
05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Aquired new grounds for detecting, at the site of the very first skirmsh of the Civil War, just out side the town of Boonville Mo. First day found a Civil War Bullet, and today I found an old horse shoe, sqare nails, a spoon and this heavy thing. It wieghs almost 3 1/2 pounds and is 1.75 thick, and the hole only goes about 3/4 the way through. Any body have an idea on what it is or could of been used for?? We are hoping it's some thing form a Cannon or any Civil War equipment. Thanks for any ideas, and good hunting all. Eric

del
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
whtas the back look like Eric and does the hole look like it may be threaded??

buck57
05-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Hey del, the back is flat as a board and has insets all along each side close to the bottom where it looks it could of slid down in to a wooden groove. I can not make out any threads in the hole. Also, I don't know if you can see by the pic, but on the top where the hole is, all 4 corners are beveld. Does that help you any? I can send some more pic's tonight as well. I don't know how they adjusted the barrels on the cannons but it could of been a pivit point or some thing:huh: Any ideas del. Thanks

del
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey Eric that one has me just as curious as you :confused: for some reason it looks somewhat familiar but i just can't place it :dontknow:

buck57
05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Man, I thought of all people you would have that pin pointed. Thanks any ways del. If you don't mind, keep this in the back of your mind just incase!!!
Eric