PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from NE Kansas

dliggett
05-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Hello everyone! I'm newly retired and my wife says I need a hobby because I make her crazy. after lurking around different websites I decided to give md'in a shot.I bought a ace350 and propointer and went to digging I'm pretty green yet so my finds have not been great but I'm learning.I did learn from my daugter that those metal tabs were beer tabs and not ancient eygptian symbols I could only hope.please be kind if I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack.

thanks from Kansas

OxShoeDrew
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the retirement and welcome to the group. I'd bet you're a brighter bulb than me but I did put a couple hundred hours on the 350 when it first came out....let me know if can help you in any way. I see you are getting acquainted with pull tabs, bottle caps will also become your friend :grin:
Looking forward to you posts, Drew

del
05-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Hello dliggett and welome to the forum and hobby , it can seem a bit hard to catch on the hobby at first but after a couple of neat finds you can quickley become addicted to it . I wish you the best and hope to see some really cool finds from you soon.

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wisconsin. We are always willing to help out the new guy, so do not be afraid to ask your questions. You might as well warn your wife that this hobby becomes very addicting and she might not see you for days. Good luck in your retirement and MDing.

Skamaniac
05-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Welcome from Washington state. I was in the same boat 6 month ago, with a new retirement. Del is right; one cool find and you'll be hooked.

Lowjiber
05-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from southern Nevada.

Welcome to the retired world too. You'll soon wonder how you ever found the time to work. :yes:

Keep digging those pulltabs. There's often gold in them there hills.

Tony Two-Cent
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

Glad to have you here, dliggett! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
05-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and this great hobby. Looking forward to your 1st real Egytian find.... rofl

JTGOLD
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
welcome from central Illinois.

CODY
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi.

zenitramNaes
05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Welcome and good luck! Keep at it and you'll find something worth while sooner or later!