PDA

View Full Version : Saturday May 4th, 2013 - Cellar Hole Hunt

CTDirtFisher
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hello all...

6 of us from our detecting club descended on 3 well pounded public cellar holes... One was near the road, one a 1/4 mile in, and the the 3rd was closer to 3/4 mile back... 4 of us started at the furthest one in... We waslking around the site quickly and all got to is... i was behind the cellar hole and worked a line to the well... Iron, iron... Nail... then at the edge of the well I got a repeated conductive signal of 33 repeatable in all directions. There was iron around the target, but the 1 inch wiggle on the target sounded good... Depth... 2 inches... hmmm.... Did I get lucky or was this a ghost signal from all of the trash around it...

Its a large dandy... no... Its a copper :-) Bust Left so its a KG II and looks like the last digit is a 7... 1737 *shrug*

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

I worded this site for a good 3+ hours... I got a buttons, suspender clip, boot clip, lots of shotgun and copper casings, etc...

We took a little break and I moved up to the front hole by the road. I meet up with everyone and we shared finds... Buttons, Thimbles, and various relics were shared... No other coins surfaced yet...

I worked around this hole and circled outward and got a fair conductive target of 25 at 4-5 inches... and recovered a Jews Harp...

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Respectfully,
CTDirtFisher (Paul)

Tony Two-Cent
05-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Nice pile of colonial relics there, Paul! It looks like you also found the clasp to a coin purse?

Not a bad looking KG II, at least it is identifiable. That's always a plus. Way to eek out a nice find from a hunted out cellar hole.

Good job! :clapping:

:congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
05-07-2013, 09:47 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....never say never as no place is really hunted out. Congrats! <;)

CTDirtFisher
05-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Nice pile of colonial relics there, Paul! It looks like you also found the clasp to a coin purse?

Not a bad looking KG II, at least it is identifiable. That's always a plus. Way to eek out a nice find from a hunted out cellar hole.

Good job! :clapping:

:congrats:

Tony... Yes that is a clasp from a change purse... but no change :-( Whats with that *tapsfoot* :-)

I was glad there was some detail on the KG II... I know not to many coppers come up with decent detail, but I like at least enough detail for a coin ID... and i got that in this case :happy:

Thank you sir :-)

Paul

Lodge Scent
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Nice digs! Always good to see a Georgie rescued from the dirt. I'm still looking for one of those mouth harps.

aloldstuff
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Doing the one inch wiggle really paid off. :congrats: on the KG and the Jews Harp is very nice

CODY
05-11-2013, 08:35 AM
:wow: Very nice finds. :congrats: