PDA

View Full Version : They Call me Gabby

gabby
05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi
They call me Gabby and I've been detecting for about 6 years now.
I own a few different detectors, but my main one is the V3i.
I live in the middle of Canada in the province of Sask.
I'm semi-retired and am an electronics tech by trade.
I never really considered joining this forum being Canadian but thought I'd git it a shot and have a look around.

Tony Two-Cent
05-07-2013, 10:30 AM
We're glad you joined the forum, Gabby! Everyone is welcome here, especially our friends to the north. <;)

A very good friend of mine lives way up in Grande Prairie, Alberta and he was commenting how they had a blizzard last week but temperatures near 80 degrees F this week. I hope you are enjoying nice weather there in SK as well.

We are looking forward to your participation on the forum, and hearing about your finds. :yes:

nicklehead
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I had my doubts about joining too Gabby since most of the people here are yankees but it's been okay so far. :) Now I have a beef with you Canadians since one of your quarters broke my e-trac. I was using a Canadian quarter the other day to do some testing in a park and couldn't pick it up for my life--what the heck? The pattern I was using was discriminating it out--turns out they're 94% steel--who'd a thunk? :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_(Canadian_coin)

gabby
05-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Yup that is our Canadian clad.
If you want to get it a person must turn off discrimination for the most part.
The nice part is our $1 and $2 coins.
They can add up in a hurry.
Everything else is pretty much iron.
Also on the plus side is they have eliminated our pennies so I won't have to waste my time and effort on those pesky coins.

OxShoeDrew
05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I think our forum name is misleading as we have members from all over the world.
I hope you like it here and look forward to your posts, Drew

del
05-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello Gabby you are certainly welcome to join the forum , plus i think being from the North American continent already qualifies you as an official American detectorist. thumbsup01
glad you joined us and looking toward seeing some of you finds .

Dan

Lowjiber
05-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada, Gabby. :waving:

(The book is in your email.)

gabby
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Thank You very much!
The V3i is so configurable it is almost like metal detecting in itself.
You never know what you'll find!
I'm always amazed at the vast amount of info out there on this machine.
It is always a bit of a struggle to remember all the options this machine has, especially this year, we had almost seven months of winter!
Gabby

aloldstuff
05-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome from western MA. Sorry to hear of your almost 7 months of winter. That would have driven me crazy.

I also am running with the V3i and every year the finds get better.

P.S. I also found myself a toonie

JTGOLD
05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
welcome from central Illinois.

Fire Fighter 43
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Hello Gabby and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It good to have you with, us good luck and happy hunting.

CODY
05-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi. Looking forward to your post and finds.

zenitramNaes
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to what you can find in Canada!

Rob L
05-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Welcome Gabby. Please post some of your finds the past 6 years.

Mudder
05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum Gabby. Now that your a member, we no longer have to listen to Bluenose bemoan his being the only Canuck on the forum. <;) Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds. :waving:

coinnut
05-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey welcome aboard. thumbsup01 Sounds like you have enough firepower to find the goods. Being a tech guy, you must appreciate the flexability that the V3i has. Hope you do well with it.