PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Pro-Pointer

cjspearsdog
05-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Just tried out my new pro-pointer. wow what a difference. I was using a cheap (Harbor Freight pinpointer). Now if I could find something other than memorial cents I would be in heaven. Is my ACE 250 just not good enough to find the DEEP old targets? >:/

POKIE73
05-08-2013, 05:56 AM
there is quite a few that do well with the 250 it takes time plus you have to be in a location where the targets you seek would be my 11 year old grandson used the one i have and found indians a barber and a merc dime plus others so yes it is a capable machine but rome was not built in a day have patience and you will do well dennis

buck57
05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey sjspearsdog, them pro pointers are diffently worth thier weight in gold. I'm actually thinking about getting a second one for an emergency back up. Hate to go out with out it. Can't help you on your ACE 250, but there is alot of folks on the forum who have them and do very well. We swing the AT Pro and love it. Good hunting to ya, Eric

CTTodd
09-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Nothing wrong with a ACE 250 teamed up with the pro pointer you got it made

BOWSER
09-15-2013, 09:06 PM
i have had 2 garretts pinpointers they last as long as the warranty,work great until then. :dontknow:

KSHOLLYWOOD
09-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Garrett is having issues with the pro pointer, a lot are getting sent back. The just start chirping in mid air for no reason. And the on/off button tears up. But when it works it's awesome.

ODA 226
12-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey sjspearsdog, them pro pointers are diffently worth thier weight in gold. I'm actually thinking about getting a second one for an emergency back up. Hate to go out with out it. Can't help you on your ACE 250, but there is alot of folks on the forum who have them and do very well. We swing the AT Pro and love it. Good hunting to ya, Eric

I carry a Vibra Quatic 2 as a backup, just in case I run into some unexpected mineralized ground.

smeigs
03-10-2014, 05:43 PM
I finally got my garrett pro pointer after about 4 years of digging with out it. It increased my finds and saved me tons of head aches, sifting through dirt and grass! Best investment ever.