PDA

View Full Version : Another Good Digging Tool

mike l
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
This is the Ames Plantar's Pal. Cuts a super clean plug in lawns when neatness counts. I feel the Leshe tears the ground more. Has a nice cutting edge for roots and has hatch marks on the blade and handle to measure the depth of your find, up up 11 inches. Has been my go to digger for a year now and at 10 bucks (Home Depot) can't beat the price.

Here the link for more info: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ames-Planter-s-Pal-Multi-Purpose-Garden-Tool-2332100/202518510#.UYvXIb9JX8Y

pulltabsteve
05-09-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm still using my Whites digger that fell off my bumper and got ran over! A little twisted but I can't part with it yet. :)

mike l
05-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Gotta keep that one, fell off bumper, got run over and found its way back to you |:cheering:

Lowjiber
05-10-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm still using my Whites digger that fell off my bumper and got ran over! A little twisted but I can't part with it yet. :)
Steve...I just noticed your avatar. It's the best one I've ever seen.

Tony Two-Cent
05-10-2013, 07:30 AM
I feel the Lesche tears the ground more.

I love my Lesche, but I have noticed that as well, it does really tear up the ground. The plugs it makes don't have a clean edge.

I used to dig with a butcher knife. It made really clean plugs with nice edges, but I quickly decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to be wielding a butcher knife in public parks.

I might have to give this Ames digger a try. :yes:

(My first summer job in 1981 was working for the Ames company at one of their facilities that makes wooden handles for their shovels and rakes.)

mike l
05-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I love my Lesche, but I have noticed that as well, it does really tear up the ground. The plugs it makes don't have a clean edge.

I used to dig with a butcher knife. It made really clean plugs with nice edges, but I quickly decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to be wielding a butcher knife in public parks.

I might have to give this Ames digger a try. :yes:

(My first summer job in 1981 was working for the Ames company at one of their facilities that makes wooden handles for their shovels and rakes.)
Yea, a butcher knife in a public park might not go over too well lol

pulltabsteve
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Steve...I just noticed your avatar. It's the best one I've ever seen.

Thanks John! The avatar says it all :yes:

RobW
06-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I used to dig with a butcher knife.

<}....I would be afraid to let you come anywhere near my house to detect with that :shocked04:

talk about having the police stopping you lol

KSHOLLYWOOD
09-30-2013, 12:01 AM
I had one like this and liked it, until I bought a lesche. I will never use another type of digger than a lesche, it cuts ground like butter.

KennyD
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
My son used to work for Scott's Lawn Service. He gave me a REALLY high quality sod knife that all of the Scott's techs use. MAN... it cuts super clean plugs and its super high quality.
He's never going to get it back from me.... lol

chief5709
10-25-2013, 06:51 AM
I worked at a golf course when I was in college. I always wanted to get a cup cutter for detecting lawns and parks but man that would be big and awkward to carry :shocked04:

DugMoney
01-11-2014, 10:53 PM
My son used to work for Scott's Lawn Service. He gave me a REALLY high quality sod knife that all of the Scott's techs use. MAN... it cuts super clean plugs and its super high quality.
He's never going to get it back from me.... lol

Can you post up a pic. of the sod knife?

Thanks