PDA

View Full Version : When will the U.S. get smart?

RaZR
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
When will the U.S. do like Canada and get rid of pennies (and dollar bills too). Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools. I want to find $1 and $2 coins when i hunt! So it doesn't cost me $10.00 for gas to find $3.46 in clad. :crying02: crying01 :crying02: crying01 <;) you're smart!

Rob L
05-09-2013, 07:15 PM
In Canada a lot of the coins are magnetized, so they pick them up by dragging a large magnet in waters where people swim. I guess that they do pretty good from what I've heard.

nicklehead
05-09-2013, 07:18 PM
When will the U.S. do like Canada and get rid of pennies (and dollar bills too). Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools. I want to find $1 and $2 coins when i hunt! So it doesn't cost me $10.00 for gas to find $3.46 in clad. :crying02: crying01 :crying02: crying01 <;) you're smart!

It costs you $10 in gas because gas has value and US money has none.
It costs 2.9 cents to make a $1 bill
It costs 2.9 cents to make a $100 bill
What's wrong with that picture?

Lowjiber
05-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools. rofl

I know someone like that. lol Send Tanacat a PM. She knows the story and might even tell you who did it. :rolleyes:

ssserena
05-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Why would they want to get rid of pennies then our coin roll hunters wouldnt have nothing to do on rainy days! :yes: