PDA

View Full Version : Silver snake ring found , ring #65

PL8MAN
05-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Got out early this morning with my buddy Kevin . We were on the field at 6:45 am to beat the soccer teams :grin: . The first of two schools only gave up some clad so we moved on up the street to the local elementary . The first good find was a 1952S wheat cent at 7 inches thumbsup01 . Then I found a few odds and ends , tokens & Foreign coins . At the end of a 2 1/2 hour hunt I got a sweet +81 at two inches . I was happy to see silver in the plug :drool: . It was a cool sterling silver snake ring , #65 for the year . Most of the stone is gone but looks to have been black onyx . Total clad was $9.26 . :beerbuddy:
HH
Glen

JTGOLD
05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
thats a neat ring and some other nice finds,wtg.

buck57
05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Cool ring Glen :congrats:

CODY
05-12-2013, 07:35 AM
You are truley the Ring King :congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
05-17-2013, 08:43 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great assortment of finds added to by the ring. I collect pressed pennies so if your up for a trade just pm me on the forum. Good luck on your next hunt! <;)

PL8MAN
05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great assortment of finds added to by the ring. I collect pressed pennies so if your up for a trade just pm me on the forum. Good luck on your next hunt! <;)

I collected them also thumbsup01
Glen

Sal66
05-22-2013, 08:15 AM
:wow: That's strange finding foreign coins at a School unless it's an Academy with students from other Countries. Either that or they were lost by someone on the Grounds Crew. Why are they carrying around foreign coins ? , Who knows !
The ring is cool though. It needs some TLC and as far as the stone goes, I would have to see it up closer because it looks too light to be Onyx.
Maybe a quick trip to a small time jeweler to just ID the Stone would help either that or to one that you go to that you trust.
Keep us in touch, Thanks. Sal

Fire Fighter 43
05-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Very cool ring and congrats on a nice hunt, WTG |:cheering:

PL8MAN
05-22-2013, 10:15 PM
:wow: That's strange finding foreign coins at a School unless it's an Academy with students from other Countries. Either that or they were lost by someone on the Grounds Crew. Why are they carrying around foreign coins ? , Who knows !
The ring is cool though. It needs some TLC and as far as the stone goes, I would have to see it up closer because it looks too light to be Onyx.
Maybe a quick trip to a small time jeweler to just ID the Stone would help either that or to one that you go to that you trust.
Keep us in touch, Thanks. Sal

The ring will just go into the treasure box . Most of the stone has been broken off and what is left of it is black .
Thanks
Glen

aloldstuff
05-23-2013, 09:23 AM
:congrats: on yet another ring. I also collect the pressed pennies, good find