PDA

View Full Version : Backyard surprises

zenitramNaes
05-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I bought my machine (Garrett AT Pro) maybe about a month ago. I've been to a couple public parks but haven't really turned up anything besides lots of clad. I live on a 5 acre plot of land in northern Vermont, I've been hunting on my property for a while now and have found some interesting things, thought I'd share.

The first real find I found was this. Did some research and this vanity case was produced from 1920-1925. Pompeian Bloom was a makeup company that eventually got bought out by Colgate sometime in the 60's. Mirror still intact!

[attachimg=1]

Second one is an old Yale lock, couldn't really find a date or anything else about. Please chime in if you've found something similar and have some info.

[attachimg=2]

The last one I've found to date. A general service eagle button from the World War I era, looks like it could have been made any where between 1902-1918. Says SCOVILL MF'G CO. WATERBURY on the back.

[attachimg=3]

Thanks for looking, just thought I'd share. Never know what you can find in your own backyard!

Skamaniac
05-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Those are pretty cool. Love that lock! :grin:

del
05-11-2013, 08:58 PM
great looking relics :clapping: :clapping: congrats

buck57
05-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Congrats on a few nice finds zenitramNaes. thumbsup01 Good luck on your 5 acres. Sounds like a honey hole. Need to grid it out and hunt every inch of that property :detecting:

zenitramNaes
05-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone.

Congrats on a few nice finds zenitramNaes. thumbsup01 Good luck on your 5 acres. Sounds like a honey hole. Need to grid it out and hunt every inch of that property :detecting:

Oh yeah, I've been doing the grid method. It used to be an old farmhouse and then a slaughter house after that. I've been finding lots of iron but there are nice things to be had here.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-12-2013, 10:59 PM
cool lock! keep at it your doing good!

POKIE73
05-13-2013, 06:10 AM
congrats on your finds with that much land to cover its hard to imagine just what you may find good luck in the future dennis :peace: :peace:

zenitramNaes
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
So I was out for maybe 4 or 5 hours today. Started working up the side yard. Wasn't finding much but huge flat pieces of iron reading as if they were coins. \:[ After that I headed to the front yard, which is pretty small and I didn't have high hopes for. God, I was wrong. I kept digging coin after coin to my surprise, I even managed a sterling silver ring. Most of the coins were clad but I found two wheat pennies and a mercury dime. I've only found modern coins so I was really excited about these! Then, what's this, a wild 96 signal appears? 1946 Walking Liberty half dollar! 8 feet from the house. Unreal.

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=2]