PDA

View Full Version : Cellar Hole Hunting With me, King Ferdinand VII, 2 Old Ladies, & 1 Indian

Elad
05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I discovered (for myself) a wonderful site only 20 minutes away from me. I actually spotted the place about a year ago while looking through aerial photographs. All those stone walls in the middle of the woods had to mean something was there.

The first trip I went I scouted for most of the day, but ended up detecting for an hour and finding a 1/2 Real.

2 days later (today) I return and this time I concentrate on detecting. I manage to uncover 2 Matron Head large cents and one crusty Indian. I am shocked that I am finding anything at this site, because it's been hit hard before. Just goes to show you that swinging your coil in the most uncomfortable and awkward of places at a pounded site will surprise you...

Happy hunting and good luck out there, cellar rats! :grin:

del
05-17-2013, 09:09 PM
congrats on the coins Dale , i told you there had to be more goodies at those sites , the area is huge and no one finds it all. see you tomorrow

Bell-Two
05-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Nice finds, looks like a beautiful place to hunt. It seems you guys have a veritable plethora of that type of cellar holes which is something we lack here in Ohio. Congrats on a great hunt and wonderful pictures! :congrats:

Elad
05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
congrats on the coins Dale , i told you there had to be more goodies at those sites , the area is huge and no one finds it all. see you tomorrow

Yes you were certainly right. This is the best hobby in the world! I really like these old sites, so much history and the craftsmanship that went into building these foundations and walls are a thing to behold.

Good meeting you today. Too bad we had to cut the day short... better luck next time for us all.

Elad
05-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Nice finds, looks like a beautiful place to hunt. It seems you guys have a veritable plethora of that type of cellar holes which is something we lack here in Ohio. Congrats on a great hunt and wonderful pictures! :congrats:

I feel for you Ohio-uns! Yes, compared to where I used to live (NJ), there seems to be an amazing amount of these old home sites all over the place!

Thiltzy
05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Good meeting you today Dale. We will have to do it again soon :beerbuddy:

Elad
05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Good meeting you today Dale. We will have to do it again soon :beerbuddy:

Same to you and likewise! :cool:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-18-2013, 08:37 PM
awesome hunt! some nice coinage right there!

Elad
05-18-2013, 09:45 PM
awesome hunt! some nice coinage right there!

I can't complain. This makes 16 coppers for the year so far. My best year yet, with so much year left! I am so glad I moved back to MA. :beerbuddy:

Lodge Scent
05-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Great hunt thumbsup01 Nice lookin' site. Continue working those tough spots :yes:

Rob L
05-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Great hunt I also love those old ladies. The older they are the better I like them. Although that only pertains to coins. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Nice digs, congrats on the coppers WTG |:cheering: