PDA

View Full Version : Group cellar hole hunt - My favorite flat button yet

Elad
05-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Headed out today with Todd, Heavy, & Dan. We went back to the cellar hole sites I have been hitting recently. (which actually turns out to be already hunted by Del and Heavy) Small world!

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/may18thgrouphunt1_zpsc8e726dd.jpg (http://s486.photobucket.com/user/del1786/media/may18thgrouphunt1_zpsc8e726dd.jpg.html)

YouTube Link (http://youtu.be/59nsBQtC7cA)

No amazing artifacts or coins were found, but between us we did manage some buttons and cool random relics. We also escaped certain death from an army of hungry mosquitoes.

Pictured are my finds. Nails, buttons, and an old carousel top. Notice the sun-spiral patterned dandy button. What a beauty! |:cheering:

So much walking lately - my feet are killing me!! I know... suck it up Buttercup, right Dave? :grin:

Good times, look forward to more group hunts with all of you! ::usaflag::

Thiltzy
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
The button looks great,

Elad
05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah you were right it came out good. I bet a whole bunch of these things with different patterns would look great on display.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
nice to finally meet ya Dale.great photos & a beauty of a button!

del
05-18-2013, 08:48 PM
hey Dale , nice to finally meet you in person . wish you found those sites with us about ten years ago , there were a lot more finds to recover back then .Congrats on the dandies and the parosol top.

Dan

Elad
05-18-2013, 09:43 PM
hey Dale , nice to finally meet you in person . wish you found those sites with us about ten years ago , there were a lot more finds to recover back then .Congrats on the dandies and the parosol top.

Dan

To experience hunting them 10 years ago I would sell my soul!! Must have been legendary.

Lodge Scent
05-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Another nice hunt !

buck57
05-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Nice couple of buttons, and some nice pic's. thumbsup01 Looked liked a great day out. :yes:

OxShoeDrew
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Headed out today with Todd, Heavy, & Dan. We went back to the cellar hole sites I have been hitting recently. (which actually turns out to be already hunted by Del and Heavy) Small world!

It's no small world....it's freakin large....and Dan has been to EVERY hole on it lol Give up trying to find a hole he hasn't been to. Some days I get up and think, hmmmm what would be an easier thing to do today...find a cure for EVERYTHING?...or find a hole that Dan hasn't been to? lol

Here is a typical conversation...
Drew- Hey Dan, how about we hit this site on Mockingbird Ln?
Dan- Yeah....George (Washington?) and I hit that site many years ago....I remember because I was using my Alexander G. Bell Garfield 1 detector and I found a bullet hidden in a 'bed' of nails.
I'M JUST KIDDING DAN :poke: lol

Seriously though, those are some nice keepers. The dandy is very nice!

del
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
It's no small world....it's freakin large....and Dan has been to EVERY hole on it lol Give up trying to find a hole he hasn't been to. Some days I get up and think, hmmmm what would be an easier thing to do today...find a cure for EVERYTHING?...or find a hole that Dan hasn't been to? lol

Here is a typical conversation...
Drew- Hey Dan, how about we hit this site on Mockingbird Ln?
Dan- Yeah....George (Washington?) and I hit that site many years ago....I remember because I was using my Alexander G. Bell Garfield 1 detector and I found a bullet hidden in a 'bed' of nails.
I'M JUST KIDDING DAN :poke: lol

Seriously though, those are some nice keepers. The dandy is very nice!

lol rofl look at it this way Drew , it forces you or makes you to be a better detectorist :yes: you have to research better and really work at finding those relics and coins at these sites ;)

and for the record George had the Alexander G. Bell Garfield 1 detector , mine was the newer Tesla coiled model :teasing: