PDA

View Full Version : 5/18/13 30 minute hunt

pulltabsteve
05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Mike and I decided to get out for a bit today to check on some new locations and get permission for some new spots. It seems everybody we ask we get the ok. Today we obtained permission to an 1865 home. That will be on our schedule for next weekend.

We did get to detect a local small wooded area that had a home on it in 1920. We stopped at the house to ask about detecting the all wooded area and the woman gave us the ok. We didn't stay long, LOTS of poison ivy. I did dig this spoon like item that says Sterling. From the pic you can see the bowl part is iron. I say spoon- like because the very small bowl is actually convexed on both sides. I gave it to the homeowner.

Next we stopped at an old house that we saw the homeowner in the yard. He gave us the ok and 10 minutes later he left. Im out in the yard and this woman comes up to me and asks if I found anything. She tells me at least 10 times that's her ex husband who just left. She's obviously drunk and unbuttoned a few buttons on her shirt. NOT interested, oh jeez, get me out if here! I find Mike and tell him let's get out of here. Felt like I was in the twilight zone!

JTGOLD
05-19-2013, 10:36 AM
i have seen thoes at flee markets,they were baby spoons,some had sterling handles and some didn't,nice find.

Skamaniac
05-19-2013, 05:44 PM
At first I was thinking baby spoon or maybe demitasse spoon, but the double convex has me stumped. I hope someone knows.

z118
05-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Sweet find! The spoon I mean... not the friendly lady. Although you only posted pics of the spoon, so I don't know? lol Can't say I've ever had that happen while detecting. lol

Tony Two-Cent
05-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Very interesting and curious find, Steve! I wonder what it is?

It's a neat find whatever it is!

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Interesting find WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Sure pictures of the spoon and not, well you know what I mean. Nice find and good that you decided to leave.