PDA

View Full Version : Sat group hunt & Sun Birthday Buckles & Buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-19-2013, 08:39 PM
was a busy weekend for me.Sat me & Todd(T.Hiltzy) headed up to meet Dan(Del) & Dale(Elad) for a group hunt to some sites Dan & me had been to before but Dale Re-Found on his own.nothing to retire on that day but I got a few buttons & my first complete Jews harp.
Sunday Todd & me went to 2 cellar holes and did good.I got a bunch of buttons.one being a large designed pewter button. a 1864 (no L) IH. a complete colonial shoe buckle & a cast pewter counterfeit Classic head LC.todd had the hot coil for coppers today.was a wonderful birthday weekend for me. nothing I'd rather do than spend the weekend digging colonial with a awesome group of dudes! thanks fella's! thumbsup01
top pic from left to right is Todd(T.Hiltzy) me,Dale (Elad) & Dan (Del)

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-19-2013, 08:42 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-19-2013, 08:43 PM
couple more

Thiltzy
05-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Awsome day to day Dave. That is so cool that the pewter disks are counterfeit cast :cool: :cool:
Love , love the complete shoe buckle :loveit: :smitten:

Rob L
05-19-2013, 10:02 PM
That was a great hunt.You guys did good. Lately the past 6 or 7 cellar holes we visited were pounded. I and two other buddies got probably 3 buttons all together. We weren't even getting old trash. I can't wait for the fields to be cut. Till then we'll be looking for new places, and probably doing pounded cellar holes.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Awsome day to day Dave. That is so cool that the pewter disks are counterfeit cast :cool: :cool:
Love , love the complete shoe buckle :loveit: :smitten:

thanks Todd.only one is a counterfeit.the other disc is a large designed pewter button

chief5709
05-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Happy Birthday! Great digs! Love that buckle thumbsup01

del
05-20-2013, 05:53 AM
hey there Birthday boy :cheering: :cheering: i definately recognize the second cellar picture (how did you do at that site??) congrats on some nice relics :smitten: :loveit: :smitten: , i believe i have a match to the shoe buckle you found (mine is a complete on as well) . it was nice to meet up with you guys again on saturday by the way :perfect10:.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-20-2013, 06:29 AM
hey there Birthday boy :cheering: :cheering: i definately recognize the second cellar picture (how did you do at that site??) congrats on some nice relics :smitten: :loveit: :smitten: , i believe i have a match to the shoe buckle you found (mine is a complete on as well) . it was nice to meet up with you guys again on saturday by the way :perfect10:.

Dan

hey Dan thanks! the 2nd hole that you recognize is where Todd got his mass copper and I got the little eagle naval button.so many pieces of aluminum and pull tabs at that site,was frustrating.then the rain came and swinging through high ferns got us pretty drenched fast. actually there are 2 cellar holes there with the barn in the middle.starter home perhaps? or mother in law apartment? rofl

Lodge Scent
05-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Nice buckle, cool counterfeit, buttons and relics = Great hunt !

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice hunt and congrats on some great finds WTG |:cheering: