PDA

View Full Version : New from northeast florida!

jaxtabking
05-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I think I have found most of the iron and foil in florida. Im using a headhunter pirate but I cant seem to work out the kinks so I dig everything, and its very frustrating at the beach. Does not do great past the dry sand line. Salt water or wet sand the thing goes haywire. Any advice? Or should I post in the general forum. Thank you.

Lowjiber
05-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

We have a second home in Orange Park, Fl.

Here are a few tips that I threw together a while back...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=8892.msg100273#msg100273

Tony Two-Cent
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

I can't help you with beach hunting, but Lowjiber's link is full of valuable information. |:cheering:

Glad to have you here and best of luck!

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm not that familiar with hunt salt water beaches but I'm sure someone can help you out. Good luck and Happy hunting.

del
05-22-2013, 03:52 AM
hello jaxtabking , welcome to the forum. i'm not real familiar with the pirate but your issues are common with single frequency vlf machines on the beach . they do real well on the dry sand but false and act very unstable and erratic once you get to the wet sand because they can't handle both mineralized ground and the wet salts. this is where you need either a multi-frequency or a pulse induction machine .

Dan

leslie(nova scotia)
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome aboard me bouy from the forums token Canuck. Good luck on your hunts! <;)

aloldstuff
05-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome from western MA. Stick to the dry sand only because of what Dan said about single freq machines.

Hoping you can find some gold and looking forward to your future posts.

Mudder
05-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Welcome from South Mississippi. Looks as if you've already received a ton of advise on beach hunting and all of it is good. Just follow the advise and you will do well. Looking forward to you posting all your finds. :waving:

coinnut
05-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Welcome aboard from western MA. You may have to reduce your sensitivity in the wet sand. Try all combinations you can think of for the wet sand, until you quiet the machine down enough to hunt. You may always get some falsing or chatter in the wet areas, but if you can identify the sounds as falsing, you can then start to ignore them. The dry and wet areas may require you to have separate settings for each area. Good luck.

OxShoeDrew
06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
How's it working out? ....and a belated welcome to the forum. :waving:

Boulder
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, from North Jersey.