PDA

View Full Version : need help with whites xlt programs

sjv
04-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm looking for a decent program for woods hunting with both the 9.5 coil/ 5.3. I feel I'm not getting enough depth and maybe missing some finds. I've had it for 7 years and I still don't feel comfortable with my settings. Some programs online seem crazy and other are close to the pre-set programs. I'm more interested about programs for the 5.3 coil. Don't know what to do for pre-amp, SAT speed, sweep speed, and sensitivity (usually I set them like 70 and 30). sometimes 72/35. preset is like 64 / 30 I think.

Thanks.

Geekwinkle
04-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Having been an XLT owner for years (now the wife's machine since the ETrac got here a few week's ago), I had great success using some custom programs provided by a regular on Findmall. His name is monte, and he's literally owned dozens of XLT's and he's posted his best custom programs there along with an explanation of each. He uses the 5.3 Bullseye more often than not so this should be custom tailored to what you're looking for. I use the 'Bushwhacker' program extensively when I'm hunting with the XLT and love it.

Here's the link http://www.findmall.com/read.php?41,1054907,1054907#msg-1054907

sjv
04-28-2010, 08:29 AM
8) I'll try that. Any problems using it with the sunray x-1 probe/the 5.3 eclipse?

Lowjiber
04-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Monte's stuff is really good. Here's another site where JB has collected a lot of XLT programs, tips, and other good XLT stuff: http://66.51.97.78/jb/programm.html

I responded to your Sunray question in the other thread. I don't think you have a problem with the Sunray. I think your 5.3 coil is defective.

drew73
03-02-2013, 06:56 AM
theres is a guy on youtube crazyleggs88 who has a program...for me it kills the nickels. i found 11 nickels on an old sled hill that i know has been hunted to death.if you still have your xlt.i know this is an old post...drew

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-18-2013, 11:11 AM
i love my xlt.i been using relic mode with tone Id on,bump up the pre-amp to 4 or 5 and play with sensitivity depending on amount of trash.i been nabbing coppers alot deeper than when i was using the jewlery/beach mode

OxShoeDrew
03-30-2013, 01:26 PM
i love my xlt.i been using relic mode with tone Id on,bump up the pre-amp to 4 or 5 and play with sensitivity depending on amount of trash.i been nabbing coppers alot deeper than when i was using the jewlery/beach mode
Don't listen to Dave, he doesn't know anything about that machine lol lol. ...and van Gogh knew nothing about painting, the guy couldn't even stay in the lines. Hey but did you know why van Gogh wasn't a musician? He didn't have an ear for it. Nyuck nyuck, sorry