PDA

View Full Version : First silver, now gold 2x's...I think I found a honey hole!

DIGGER27
05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
3 days ago I found an old park and I found a honker of a silver ring next to one of my favorite areas to hunt...a basketball court.
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=13349.0

Man is there trash at this 90 year old park, even more around this basketball site.
I have found that at these sites the more trash the better I like it because hunters usually avoid these type of super trashy sites, or if they do hunt them unless they use sniper coils and dig a ton of trash, masking is a huge problem.
Me, I love to dig trash at sites like this because I know there is a great chance much better treasure is hiding there.
My second trip back to this site is starting to prove just that.

Still hunting around that basketball court I dug up over $6 in clad even though I dug about the same that day I dug the big silver ring.
That was nice, but better than that I dug up the end of a crummy chain.
I followed that chain down into the ground deeper and deeper digging along the way so I wouldn't break it.
Wouldn't you know it, when I finally got to the end of this 25 inch chain at the end of this dirty thing was something much cleaner and way more special...a tiny.9 gram gold ring.

Feeling pretty good about that I continued on and at an area that was still near this court I came across another signal which was a 24 on my F2 and 99.9% of the time this would be a condiment packet.
Every time I have dug gold it has been a surprise.
I have dug 18 pieces of gold so far and just about every one has been disguised as something else...usually trash.
Luckily, I am one of those dig-it-all type of hunters so I dig digging trash.
Really glad I am that way on this signal.
This was no condiment packet.

I opened a little hole, turned up the small plug and sicking out of the side of that plug was something round, shiny, and had 3 sparkling little rocks mounted in it.

More tasty than any ketchup, mustard or mayo serving, it happened to be a 4.6 gram white gold ring with what I am pretty sure are real diamonds.
Just like the silver ring I found, this one also fits me perfectly.

These three rings came from just one side of this large court, I have 3 others to hunt not to mention the rest of this pretty trashy park.

This is just beginning....more to come I hope.

Tony Two-Cent
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
HUGE congrats on the TWO gold rings! That's awesome! |:confused:)

I bet you're 100% right about them being real diamonds too! :yes:

:perfect10:

DIGGER27
05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
HUGE congrats on the TWO gold rings! That's awesome! |:confused:)

I bet you're 100% right about them being real diamonds too! :yes:

:perfect10:

Thanks!

The funny thing is this thing came in so low at foil because it is alloyed with another metal.
I found another ring last August that was yellow 10k a little smaller and came in higher at the 35 nickel area...but it looks almost exactly the same!

Fire Fighter 43
05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and for getting the gold, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
GOLD X 2 = a fantastic hunt. :congrats: on those rings and keep digging the trash like you are, theres more gold waiting for you.