PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT*SOME NEAT BOTTLES

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2010, 04:49 PM
went back up to my old cellar hole sites to putz around.not much in the coin dept.some clad in the trail and them damn D-Buckles :ticked: hate them things :bangahead01:
bumped into a fiesty garter snake :shocked04:stretcher:
anyways while diggin a target some glass flipped out of the hole.started opening up the hole some more and alot of broken cork top pieces.managed to find some whole ones. one has a horse head and says Humprey's homeopathic ventinary specifics
the next one readsMerrimann druggists Bristol Conn
and the brown reads Liquozone manufactured only by the Liquozone co.Chicago USA.
i may return to open up this bottle dump some more in the near futur.
have a great week everyone thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
last one

coinnut
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
What? no coppers? You ain't taking after me are you? lol Nice bottles. Nice Garter snake too lol Did you get him to dig some holes for you? I bet he could sniff out a copper or two. Did you get a chance to look up them bottles? I'd say it was a real good hunt especially finding a little bottle dump. I hope it gives you more.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
What? no coppers? You ain't taking after me are you? lol Nice bottles. Nice Garter snake too lol Did you get him to dig some holes for you? I bet he could sniff out a copper or two. Did you get a chance to look up them bottles? I'd say it was a real good hunt especially finding a little bottle dump. I hope it gives you more.

thanks G.no i haven't had time to look em up.i bet theres alot more bottles there.gotta bring some full size shovels and some better digging aparatuses

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
found the brown one thumbsup01 and the horse one
http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/malon/items/620921/item620921cyberattic.html

http://www.fohbc.com/PDF_Files/Humphreys_MSmith.pdf
i was guessin 1900 on the brown one but this one is newer.maybe older bottles deeper?

del
04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
yup looks like a turn of the century bottles maybe just a tad earlier , there could be older ones deeper . try using a potato rake to get'em out. yeah its that time of the year and the snakes are out , i had a small garter strike at me last weekend just becareful of the other kinds my friend. very nice glass