PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Weeekend Digging with the Old Man

z118
05-26-2013, 09:12 PM
My Dad is in town for the holiday weekend and that has meant getting in some good swing time.

We had planned on hitting a small town some distance away on Friday but lousy weather made us rethink. Instead, we hit a local spot I had discovered earlier in the week where I was sure we could get silver. We hunted for several hours during which my father dug two silvers while all I got was wheats. I did score a neat Lucky Duck coin and then later a nice silver ring with a pink stone. We then headed to a different spot where I snagged two silver and more wheats. All in all it was a good day and it was nice that we both got some of the shiny stuff on the first day.

Saturday was pretty busy and we only had a limited window in the afternoon for a hunt. We hit a new wooded spot where I scored a 41 wheat and an 1879 Indian Head.

Sunday, we tried a school that I had somehow never hunted before. There was another guy hunting there when we arrived, but we gave it a go anyway. I chatted with the other detectorist for a bit... he seemed like a nice guy. Conditions were rough with very dry soil and lots of trash. We dug a decent amount of clad before moving on. We wound up back at the first spot we hunted on Friday where I dug another 8 wheats, a 1903 Indian Head cent, and a 1937 Buff.

We have a cook out at our house tomorrow so we likely won't be able to get out. Even if we don't though it was a good weekend of digging. It's always fun looking for treasure with the old man!

Happy hunting....

rsarge1
05-26-2013, 09:34 PM
:clapping: :clapping: ::usaflag::

del
05-26-2013, 09:37 PM
nice finds Z and what better way to find'em with your dad |:cheering: |:cheering: the pink stone looks to me like either a pink rose quartz cabachon or pink carnielian . congrats thumbsup01

JTGOLD
05-26-2013, 11:20 PM
thats a nice bunch of keepers,good job.

buck57
05-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Looks like an excellent weekend hunt there Z. thumbsup01 Nice looking silver ring, some relics and alot of digging. Heck, I'd say your clad count looks to be about $9.00 but hunting with your dad, Priceless. :perfect10:

POKIE73
05-27-2013, 05:48 AM
my dad lives about 700 miles away i only wish that we could hunt together a few more times he iis 83 and still goes out some congrats on your finds and being able to be with your dad that may be the biggest treasure of the weekend dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
05-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Nice pile of coins, congrats on the silver |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
aaawwww....I wish my dad cared about detecting....that wold be fun. nice going with the finds :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
05-27-2013, 06:48 PM
What a great bunch of finds! I really like that silver ring and the 1879 Indian Head! |:cheering:

How cool that you are able to hunt with your dad! :yes:

:congrats:

Thiltzy
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Wow! :wow: What a haul. gratz on the silver and very nice and crisp pictures :smitten:

aloldstuff
05-29-2013, 09:21 AM
I can feel from the post that you really look forward to hunting with your Dad. :congrats: on all those keepers.

coinnut
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Man, you found a little bit of everything :clapping: Nice ring too...I think it's pink coral??

bob_e99
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Hunting with Matt is always a treat. Just when you think you're doing better than him, he starts popping out all these wonderful targets. I think the only way to do better than him is to disconnect his coil.

That ring was a really nice find. Makes the silver that I found at that site look like the booby prize.

Thanks Matt for some nice hunts and I appreciate the fact that you actually took me to places that had some decent targets. :hysterical:

tanacat
06-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Great ring!!! :cheering: It adds some nice color to the banner |:cheering:

Congrats on all of your finds- very nice pics...