PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH TODD & STACEY*DRAPED BUST LC

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Todd & Stacey are members of the Nor'Easters detecting club.i used to be a member too. Stacey wanted to try her hand at cellar holes so,Todd asked her to join us. Finds were very sparce today and we were both hoping she would get her 1st cellar hole copper.She was a trooper though & hung tight attacking each lip of the cellar hole like a veteran.she got a few relics & her 1st tombac button.
Todd got a matron head LC & i got a 1803? or 7? draped bust LC,a shot IH,musket ball. hey i told ya pickens were slim :embarrassed: the jack in the pulpit flowers were all over and the trilliums are out.ferns are also out & growing >:{

Thiltzy
05-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Well said Dave. Stacey said she had a blast so I told her she can join us anytime. She is all for another hunt and hopefully we can come up with a few better sites for her. I can't wait till she gets her first really nice relic or cellar hole coin.

I thought maybe the Draped would clean up better 8/ oh well. I will post my finds and a little bit

coinnut
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
You guys worked hard for them finds lol Sites get cleaned out pretty darn fast these days. But not a bad haul and even 2 coins. Just the Draped Bust makes the hunt. :clapping:

del
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Ah, come on Dave you couldn't take Stacey to one of your cellar of plentiful coppers , instead you treat her to almost beat to death foundations , huh ?? :behave:
I give Stacey a lot of credit if she kept up with you two who don't quit until the sun goes down :yes: congrats on the copper an indian

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
thanks Dan & G! I told her wait till we get invited by you guys to one of your cornucopia of coppers cellar holes! :drool:

Tony Two-Cent
05-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Beautiful photos as always, and congrats on the draped bust large cent! |:cheering:

Lodge Scent
05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Very nice :congrats: I appreciate those Draped Busts more and more. Seems lately it has been easier to find a Colonial or State copper !