PDA

View Full Version : utterly no clue :huh:thinkingabout:

lee
05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
as some of you may know i live in a 238 year old house and just lately ive been decorating an upstairs bedroom so i have not had much time to detect but as i was brushing a wall off out pops this thing from in between the bricks.
its the size of a ct copper and has the words ONE PENNY on one side and a shape thingie and some letters around it and i have no bloody clue what it is......looks old though.
anyone have any idears ?

http://i44.tinypic.com/5yx47q.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2wgt5hs.jpg

Thiltzy
05-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow! I have no clue but it is very interesting. Hopefully someone will chime in

coinnut
05-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I Googled it and it seems to be Masonic. The K.S.H.T.W.S.S.T. symbol on a headstone indicates that the person had completed the crytic degrees of the York Rite and was a Royal Arch Mason in the York Rite Degrees of Freemasonry. Whatever that means lol :dontknow: lol

aloldstuff
05-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Lee, very interesting find and glad that coinnut could identify it. Now we are all a little smarter.

lee
05-29-2013, 10:39 AM
cheers coinnut , it looks to be around the 1849 mark as far as i can make out with this interweb thingie :confused: so i spoze im not the first brit to live in this house.

JTGOLD
05-29-2013, 12:20 PM
neat looking token and good job finding it,wtg.

CTCDT
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Lee, even when you aren't detecting your finds are awesome.

RobW
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Masonic pennies are still used to this day, though now they are mostly just a Masonic emblem stamped onto a regular penny. They are given for a variety of reasons. There are higher levels in the Masons other than &quot:beerbuddy:lue Lodge which just goes to the level of master mason. I'm sure you've seen things about people being a 32 degree mason....well they accomplish that through going through one of 2 other order of masons, York rite being one.

Fire Fighter 43
05-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I have no idea what you have but it looks like a cool find, WTG |:cheering:

lee
05-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Masonic pennies are still used to this day, though now they are mostly just a Masonic emblem stamped onto a regular penny. They are given for a variety of reasons. There are higher levels in the Masons other than &quot:beerbuddy:lue Lodge which just goes to the level of master mason. I'm sure you've seen things about people being a 32 degree mason....well they accomplish that through going through one of 2 other order of masons, York rite being one.

rob you know far to much about this stuff....coff...coff , roll up the left trouser leg and bare the left breast :huh:thinkingabout:? :hysterical: :hysterical:

RobW
05-30-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't know what you're talking about Lee...... :lipssealed:

lee
05-30-2013, 10:56 AM
ha ha ha ......right you dont rob mate....lol

Snapolson
06-03-2013, 11:37 AM
That is great find Lee! I found a 1941 Wheat penny with a masonic stamp on it once. I'd look closer around your home, there might be more coins!!!