PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at video taping my hunts.

Fire Fighter 43
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
My first attempt at video taping a hunt, I was using the V3 with D2 coil and cyber sages D2 correlate program. I taped it with my HTC Hero smart phone.

Metal Detecting Wisconsin with a Whites V3 Episode 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDeWMXFXP6E#ws)

hoser
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
EXCELLENT! Congrats on all the silver. Looks like the program you are using is right on the money for you. Love the video. Well done..

xzlr8n
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Great video. Makes me want to go out right now and find some silver. Question for you: was this at a park or house site?? Either way six silvers is very exciting!!! Congrats thumbsup01

yazoo
04-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Nice silver, great video, well done. Thanks Yazoo

Fire Fighter 43
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
The site I was at dates back to the 1870's it has been a resort, hotel, restaurant, brothel and is currently a bar and grill. It sits on 3.5 acres and has had a ball field, horshoe pits, volley ball and picnic area. I have an open invite to hunt it as much as I would like. Ive covered about 1/4 the area and that was mainly in the area where the old ball field was. It is old virgin ground, so far I have gotten 18 pieces of silver and 75 wheats with only about $4 in clad. It is one of those site Ive been dreaming about for a long time.

Beefcake
04-27-2010, 10:56 AM
That's a phenomenal hunt! What a golden opportunity site to hunt... Congrats!! Very nice job on the video too!

coinnut
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
The site I was at dates back to the 1870's it has been a resort, hotel, restaurant, brothel and is currently a bar and grill. It sits on 3.5 acres and has had a ball field, horshoe pits, volley ball and picnic area. I have an open invite to hunt it as much as I would like. Ive covered about 1/4 the area and that was mainly in the area where the old ball field was. It is old virgin ground, so far I have gotten 18 pieces of silver and 75 wheats with only about $4 in clad. It is one of those site Ive been dreaming about for a long time.

Super hunt!!!! That place sounds like it had quite a history and will surely produce some Barber and even Seated considering the early date it was in operation. If you are getting Mercs, there is much more left there, just a bit deeper. Congrats on a great hunt.

del
04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
wow , sounds like a great area to detect at . very much like the video , especially the cleaned up shot of the coin in the
sleeve to show us what it was you just dug thumbsup01 . congrats on a great silver day , looking toward more videos

xzlr8n
04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Fire Fighter 43:

Qusetion for you, as I see you are having good success with your V3. I also posted this question in the Whites V3/Vision thread. Wondering what you think of the signal responses your V3 is giving you on the targets you are digging. I'm having a tough time finding stuff past 6, and sometimes with the shallower stuff as my V3 bounces VDI siganls around.

Here is what I posted in the other thread:
I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get my V3 to show a solid response for a target past 6. In my test spot I have a clad dime and a clad quarter buried at 6-8. No matter what I change, what program I use, I either get no signal, a spotty signal, a wronge VDI reading, fluctuating VDI readings, two different VDI readings depending on what 90 degree angle I come at it, ect... I have changed the filter settings, disc sensitivity, RX gain settings, frequency offset, recovery delay - to no avail. The responses seem so random that I find it hard to key in on signal that tells me I have definite deep good target. I have had the same kinds of responses out on hunts, never able to get a solid reading on a target and blow it off as interference, nearby iron, or plain machine falsing . I'm afraid I'm missing some deep good targets all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Better yet has anyone figured this problem out or know what to look for on the display?? Do I need to send the darn thing back to White's?? My machine seems to be OK at the 3-4 range - so was my Prizm V :mad:. Kind of frustrating!!

Thanks for your reply Fire Fighter43 or anyone else who chirps in ;).

CyberSage
04-28-2010, 07:45 AM
That's a fantastic hunt! Congratulation on the Silver and Wheats. Glad the correlate program is working out for you. The video is awesome and I really liked the cleaned up coins after shots. I might steal that idea from you in future videos. :yes: It looks like a couple of those were fairly deep. How was the pinpointing readouts? The Silver should be strongest in the 2.5Hz frequency. Sometimes the Wheats show up in the 7.5Hz a little stronger. Thanks for the nice post.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Fire Fighter 43
04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
The pin pointing was dead on for me. The silver was all stongest in the 2.5 freq. and a few of the wheats were stronger in the 7.5. I have been digging almost all signals if they are solid & repeatable in either the 2.5 or 7.5 freq.