PDA

View Full Version : A bit of what I hoped was there

z118
05-29-2013, 10:00 PM
We got some much needed rain last night which led to my son's little league game this evening being cancelled due to poor field conditions. So I was able to get out for an unexpected hunt. It was a nice evening and I headed for the same spot I hit last night. I can't tell you what a pleasure it was pulling the first plug; the ground was soft from the rain and the digging was a 100x easier than it had been in the recent dry conditions. I was hopeful the wet soil would lead to some deeper finds but that did not happen. The E-trac still would not get past 22 in Auto, and even some shallow clad targets gave atypical and weak signals. Nevertheless I managed a few deep older wheats and then finally from under a bunch of large shrubs I pulled a beautiful, well worn 1927 Merc. Certainly nothing spectacular (especially compared to some recent finds on the forum... WOW! lol) but that one shiny coin sure made my night!

Happy hunting!

POKIE73
05-30-2013, 06:10 AM
somedays they may come one at a time other days not at all i would have to say :congrats:shocked04:n your hunt dennis :peace:

aloldstuff
05-30-2013, 07:00 AM
:congrats: on pulling that merc and all those early wheats. For me, it only takes one silver to make my hunt a success. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
05-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Definitely a successful hunt! |:cheering:

There is just something more satisfying about finding a pre-1934 Mercury Dime than the later date ones. :yes: