PDA

View Full Version : Finally! a virgin yard gives me some big silvers and a little one also

Hook
06-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I hit a small yard in an occupied house yesterday, next door to the empty lot where i dug my last walker a few months back. I managed to stumble upon a deep 42 GW, but the signal, although pretty solid, was bouncing from quarter to dime. it was 6 inches down, and with the dirt so dry, the poor yeller feller could barely see it.

After a pretty good rain last night and early this am, i couldnt wait to hit it again. I dropped the wife off at work and went straight there and started hunting. after 3 hours of nothing but clad and a LOT of small good sounding trash, i moved to the really small front yard . PAYDIRT!!

In a 20x20 ft area, i hit 5 wheats,(4o's and 50's) three silver GW's (twin 43's and the 49) and the lone merc (a 37). All were 6-7 inches deep, with the exception of the 49 GW, which was approx. a little over 8 inches down. it gave a real choppy signal, but no hint of iron anywhere near it so i dug. yayy me! yep..i scratched a few of them, due to either insane roots, or in the merc's case, it was in some oyster shell on the edge of the driveway.

thats a 4 silver day today, my first ever here in the silver coin deprived southwest corner of lousyana . thanks for looking, and HH!!

coinnut
06-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Nice hunt Hook. A 4 silver day is always welcomed thumbsup01 I dig a lot of iffy targets. You can usually get some deep coins or just some interesting relics. I hate digging in roots or rock hard dirt. That is where I usually scratch something :hairpulling:

del
06-03-2013, 02:47 AM
great silver day totals Hook :perfect10:

POKIE73
06-03-2013, 05:47 AM
looks like a great hunt congrats on your finds dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

bob_e99
06-04-2013, 06:57 AM
That certainly is a nice site and an impressive yield of silver. |:cheering:

:congrats:

JTGOLD
06-04-2013, 03:20 PM
very good silver day,wtg.

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Four silver coins in one hunt is fantastic, and four silver quarters in one weekend is incredible!

:congrats:

Hook
06-05-2013, 05:36 PM
thanks for all the nice comments everyone! i was sure getting discouraged with some of these sites here. this new spot really lit my fire again! :happy:

Hook
06-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Tony, that was my first 4 silver coin hunt ever. and also my first 5 silver coin weekend. silver coins down here are really hard to come by. I think its just that the dirt poor cajuns around here back then didnt have much money , and carried very little change. i've hunted with the ace 250 for a long time, and know it pretty well.

i had an etrac for a while, and was just geting comfortable with it , when circumstances forced me to sell it. but while i had it, i had pounded th same spots where i had found alot of my silvers with the 250, and surprisingly , it seems i didnt leave much for the etrac to find.

ok enough rambling from me...thanks for the kind comments. the weekend was GREAT in my book, and i hope everyone here has one to rival or beat mine! :yes: