PDA

View Full Version : Busted Weekend

z118
06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
It was a busy weekend so I only managed a few short hunts in between family obligations. Saturday I got out in the afternoon and hit a large wooded area that my father and I had hunted the weekend before. I dug an 1874 IH cent on that trip so I was hopeful for another old coin or two. No luck there, although I got some nifty relics including a milk glass button (eyeball find), a navy button, part of a harmonica reed plate, and some miscellaneous odds and ends. It was a hot afternoon and the mosquitoes were having their way with me; by the time I left I was a sweaty, itchy mess.

Sunday morning I slipped out early and hit a couple of tot lots but they were both busts. I did eyeball a $5 bill though... can't argue with that!

Sunday afternoon I checked out a few new grassy areas but they were not great and I wound up at a spot I've hunted many times before. The wind was so fierce though I headed home early. All I got for my trouble was a few wheats, sparse clad, and an old buckle.

The lack of keepers this weekend is disappointing but can score a bit of silver redemption in some upcoming hunts. We did get a fair amount of rain Saturday night so conditions should be good!

Happy hunting....

Tony Two-Cent
06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Interesting variety of finds! :yes:

Good job eyeballing the fiver! |:cheering:

Hook
06-02-2013, 08:35 PM
well Zman..some days are like that. you may not have scored some really good keepers, but you still had a decent days digging. relics, clad, and a five spot lol .

you r description of your day is a mirror image of most of my hunts, today being the exception. but its still the best hobby around in my book! good luck on your future hunts, you'll hit some keepers i'm sure.

JTGOLD
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
In my book thats not to shabby, and you got out and did some diggin thats what it is all about,wtg.

POKIE73
06-03-2013, 05:50 AM
you know as well as the rest of us cant always get the goodies but at least you got some clad that 55 sure made your day ill bet dennis :peace: :peace:

bob_e99
06-03-2013, 06:28 AM
In my book thats not to shabby, and you got out and did some diggin thats what it is all about,wtg.

I have to echo JT's comment. For a weekend where you were busy, it was nice to find some time to get out.

Continued good hunting.

|:cheering: