PDA

View Full Version : Multi-silver surprise! Vid added

Beefcake
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
I went to a house that I had hunted last year that was built in 1890. It sits on the main street in town and has a large curb strip. I spent the majority of my time in the curb strip this evening and I found several things I missed last year with my DFX. I got a 1945 merc, followed by an 1882 Indian head within a foot or so of each other. I got a large old button that didn't have any writing on it... Thought it was going to be something better. I got 4 wheats...there were many many targets that I did not dig at this site because it got cold and I wanted to cover as much ground and only dig solid good targets. The biggest surprise of the night was in the back yard just before I left. The back yard had a ton of targets...I didn't get to hunt it last year. I got a really nice 12-46 ~ 12-47 signal at 6... I got a glimpse of silver and knew it was something descent and I also knew it was quarter sized. It turned out to be an 1866 French Napoleon III silver coin!!! This is my oldest silver coin to date! It still had the ring on it where someone had made a pendant out of it... How in the world that old of a French coin got there is beyond me, but I'm happy to find it! I took video of this hunt and will get it posted at another time, but here are the pics! My first multi-silver day with the E-trac too!!
1885 house revisited with E-trac (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le-5ZGWc9dk#)

hoser
04-28-2010, 02:07 AM
:drool:WOOT! Hot dang buddy you are definately on a roll now. Very nice finds. I love those curb strips. Patti and I went to hunt the school in town the other day after it rained most of the day. As I parked the car I made mention to her I should hunt this small strip about 16'X24' next to the lot before heading over to my hunting grounds. Well I never made it there. I took 52 coins out of that little piece of grass. You are doing great my friend, keep it up................EH! :yes:

del
04-28-2010, 02:35 AM
very sweet finds Beef , you seem to be very intuned with that machine . congrats buddy thumbsup01

Lowjiber
04-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Very nice Beef!!! You're having a great spring with the new machine...HUH?

Wouldn't it be great to hear the story of how that French coin got made in to a necklace and ended up where it did? That's part of what makes this hobby fun.

sjv
04-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Wow thats a cool coin!! I wonder if back in the day the road was a parade route. Hey! that gives me a good idea. Question is, who owns the grass on the other side of the sidewalk near the road? The town or the landowner. In my town the have been doing parades on one particular road since I can remember, so that would be at least the '60s. But many of the houses date back as far as the 1700's. Most are prolly historical though I bet. You know what that means, no MD'ing. I'll have to do some research about my town. Wow! :bop: I really got off topic. Congrats man on the finds man. Here's one in better shape selling for $40. It's a 1 franc.

CyberSage
04-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Sweet hunt Beef! Your tearing things up with that E-Trac. Get that video posted. I can't wait to see it. Very nice holed Silver coin.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

coinnut
04-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Nice hunt Beefcake. I still marvel at how nice most of your wheats and Indians hold up lol I'd love to find some that I could display :yes: It seems the E Trac is working in your type of soil very well. You should continue to do great with it. Was there a happy dance for that French coin?? rofl

catskillcomics
04-28-2010, 10:25 AM
What are you using now E-trac??

Beefcake
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, I hunt with an E-trac.

Cheap Thrills
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
WOW Beef you're really rolling in the gravy , Awesome finds !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Baba

coinnut
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, I hunt with an E-track.

The yards are in fear of him lol Seriously, your finds have gone up, now that you are used to your machine :yes:

tanacat
04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, I hunt with an E-track.

Congrats on that French coin- wow! thumbsup01
Btw, I saw your pic on Dfx only hunt last year- are you going this year?

Beefcake
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to make it this year. I have to work. Don and I went down to the camp last summer to scout it out as a hunt site. We got turned around worse than I have ever been lost in the woods in my life...that stunk! We didn't detect, but the place looked really promising. I'd be wishing I could be swinging my ET the whole time too..lol

Schrecky
04-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Great video Beefcake

SeabeeRon
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Congratz on some super coins Brian! :drool: Onward & Upward with the E-Trac buddy!! :yes:

hockeyguy
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Jackpot.....great FIND! :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-03-2010, 07:45 AM
very nice hunt man! awesome video too.a BIG congrats! thumbsup01