PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

R43311
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey there! This might be the most random post ever but I was wondering if you guys/gals could help me out. My dad is a metal detector nut and I would like to get him something related to this hobby for Fathers day but I know nothing about it! Anyone out there have any good ideas?!

Thanks! Lia

del
06-04-2013, 02:59 PM
hello Lia , there are a whole slew of items you could get him.
a new coil for his machine or a new machine altogether ,
a new digging trowl or better yet a Lesche digging tool ,
a new belt pouch , some coin sleeves to store his better coin finds,
a subscription to any of the treasure magazines . any of these could be fine gifts for Father's day or just spending a few quality hours with the ol man detecting or otherwise would probably make him happy. My two Girls are 17 and 15 now but our tradition is spending Father's day morning picking fresh strawberries and I cherish many fond memories when they were very little doing this :yes:. Now that their teenagers and do their own thing for the most part I still look forward to Father's day and spending a few hours together doing this.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I hinted at a rain cover for my machine, as mine is starting to rip. I like Dan's magazine idea. Eastern and Western Treasures? Welcome and good luck with your gift.

coinnut
06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Snoop around a bit lol Make sure he doesn't already have what you are getting him. A nice coin book is also an idea (like the Redbook). By the way, welcome Lia.

R43311
06-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the suggestions everyone! That helped out a lot! :waving:

Lowjiber
06-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Sorry I'm late on this one. Get him a Lesche.

Boulder
06-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm sure whatever you decide to get him will be fine, a coin pouch, MD hat even a rain cover for his equipment.

You could even spend the day out with him letting him share his passion with you and maybe even film him during one of his finds (you may even catch the bug yourself).

Hope you both enjoy fathers day. thumbsup01

aloldstuff
06-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Welcome, try to secure permission for him to hunt a old house.