PDA

View Full Version : Sunday cellar hole fun with Scott and Dave

Thiltzy
06-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I finally found some time to clean up my finds from Sundays hunt with SafariScott and HEAVYMETALNUT. Scott was kind enough to invite us into his neck of the woods on Sunday. I could not have asked for better company to hunt along with. Scott is a pleasure to hunt with and made me feel right at home.

The first spot we hit and Scott immediately pulled up the find of the day with a beautiful Seated Half Dollar :omg: Dave scored a sweet sterling thimble and then I was able to hit on a meager two piece button with some floral pattern \:[

Moving on to the next site, we wandered around for an hour or so with no luck of locating the elusive site. Scott knew of another one near by and on the way we came across a barn foundation that seemed out of place as we could not find any cellar hole in the vicinity. We started swinging anyway when in the middle of the pathway to the barn, I got a very mixed signal where I was hearing a high tone mixed with iron. I decided to dig it and 4 inches down was a Matron Head with no date.
On the way back to the original site we came across a much wider part of a river. I would say about 15-20 feet wide with a mild current.[attachimg=1] I found a spot with a few large rocks that I went ahead and nimbly crossed the river. I guess Scott and Dave were not confident enough to follow me and continued further down to find an easier way to cross. I guess their spot wasn't any easier as Scott managed to unwillingly take a swim :hysterical: Here is Scott shortly after taking a bath :teasing:[attachimg=2]
Even though it was dreadfully hot and humid, I still had a blast. Thanks Scott :waving:

Thiltzy
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
More pics

del
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Scott is a stand up guy in my book :yes:...
beautiful Indian :loveit: and some old looking buttons too |:cheering: |:cheering:boxing:ut Todd what happen to the matron head :-\ Dave been giving you lessons at digging with those big relic shovels :eyebrow: YIKES!! :shocked03: i'm glad that wasn't a rare state copper of Fugio \:hammer: \:hammer:

Thiltzy
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Scott is a stand up guy in my book :yes:...
beautiful Indian :loveit: and some old looking buttons too |:cheering: |:cheering:boxing:ut Todd what happen to the matron head :-\ Dave been giving you lessons at digging with those big relic shovels :eyebrow: YIKES!! :shocked03: i'm glad that wasn't a rare state copper of Fugio \:hammer: \:hammer:

<}I knew you would notice that Dan :embarrassed:
That was a very mixed target with iron in the hole and the reason I hit the coin was because there was a good size rock in the hole that I could only pry out with my shovel. Thus, you see the results of my art work 8/ Luckily a dateless Matron isn't anything to worry about.

del
06-04-2013, 07:01 PM
yup no worries on a very worn matron but i would of heard from Davey that you sobbed like a little girl if it was that a chain cent . lol lol

hey nice story on the Whites website about the GW button Todd |:cheering: |:cheering:

coinnut
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Real nice Indian Head :clapping: Yep, you are digging like me now. lol No coins are safe :cheesysmile: Sounds like you guys had a blast, even with the heat. The seated half was to kick start you guys rofl

Lodge Scent
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Nice recovery on the matching flat buttons. That doesn't happen all that often. Well, not to most of us anyway. There are some folks that find GW buttons by the bushelful |:cheering:

Coppers of any condition are always welcomed. :congrats:

swamp yankee
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I finally found some time to clean up my finds from Sundays hunt with SafariScott and HEAVYMETALNUT. Scott was kind enough to invite us into his neck of the woods on Sunday. I could not have asked for better company to hunt along with. Scott is a pleasure to hunt with and made me feel right at home.

The first spot we hit and Scott immediately pulled up the find of the day with a beautiful Seated Half Dollar :omg: Dave scored a sweet sterling thimble and then I was able to hit on a meager two piece button with some floral pattern \:[

Moving on to the next site, we wandered around for an hour or so with no luck of locating the elusive site. Scott knew of another one near by and on the way we came across a barn foundation that seemed out of place as we could not find any cellar hole in the vicinity. We started swinging anyway when in the middle of the pathway to the barn, I got a very mixed signal where I was hearing a high tone mixed with iron. I decided to dig it and 4 inches down was a Matron Head with no date.
On the way back to the original site we came across a much wider part of a river. I would say about 15-20 feet wide with a mild current.[attachimg=1] I found a spot with a few large rocks that I went ahead and nimbly crossed the river. I guess Scott and Dave were not confident enough to follow me and continued further down to find an easier way to cross. I guess their spot wasn't any easier as Scott managed to unwillingly take a swim :hysterical: Here is Scott shortly after taking a bath :teasing:[attachimg=2]
Even though it was dreadfully hot and humid, I still had a blast. Thanks Scott :waving:
Scott takes a swim, should have brought soap,eh? Nice I.H. find and plenty of artifacts looks like a good time was had by all! Good luck the rest of the season and HH.....

fsa46
06-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Another fine hunt Todd. thumbsup01 Excellent condition on the IH. :yes:

How's the tick situation ?

Thiltzy
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Another fine hunt Todd. thumbsup01 Excellent condition on the IH. :yes:

How's the tick situation ?
Yeah Frank, probably my best looking Injun dug to date. The tics haven't been too bad however, I did find 2 in my car and one borrowed in my fore arm after this weekends hunt

OxShoeDrew
06-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Scott takes a swim, should have brought soap,eh? Nice I.H. find and plenty of artifacts looks like a good time was had by all! Good luck the rest of the season and HH.....

Scott took another bath? ....not the first time he fell in that brook. lol I love that IH!

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM
gorgeous Injun Todd! thumbsup01 had a blast that day.i bet if we both took the plunge like scott we woulda refreshed enough to stay till dark.that heat sucked the life right outta me :goodnight: