PDA

View Full Version : Not my best day MD'ing but...

EdNargel
06-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Probably my craziest. Went back to the campus area over my lunch hour for a quick hunt and found 2 Washingtons, a nice little ring and a big sterling pin, but the find of the day was a hole full of clad! I don't know if you could even call this a pocket spill because there is no way it could ever fit in a pocket. I dug a signal about a foot from the curb and as I was cutting the plug I thought I was hitting gravel until I flipped the plug over, the hole was literally full of coins :shocked03: all of the coins were between 4 - 9deep. I wish I could have taken a picture of the hole but I had left my phone in the car. In a hole no more than 9 inches across I found 4.98 in clad! I'm still wondering how that many coin could have ended up in such a concentrated area. All in all it is probably one of my strangest finds ever, it had to be zy for me to get more excited about that than the fact that I dug 4 silvers in less than an hour :confused:

DennisH
06-05-2013, 06:50 AM
That had to be fun finding all that clad in one hole, bet you were dreaming it was about 150 years older!! 2 Silver Washes is SUPER!!!

JTGOLD
06-05-2013, 07:52 AM
that was a very good lunch hour hunt and nice to get some silver too,wtg.

EdNargel
06-05-2013, 08:09 AM
That had to be fun finding all that clad in one hole, bet you were dreaming it was about 150 years older!! 2 Silver Washes is SUPER!!!

Yes, even 60 years older would have been awesome. lol lol Two Washingtons is pretty cool, silver quarters are far and few between for me.

RobW
06-05-2013, 01:15 PM
That's a lot of clad in a hole...I found one like that ....once.......it all adds up though :yes:

Nice silver finds too thumbsup01

del
06-05-2013, 01:22 PM
that many coins in one location would be consided a cache , any money or valuables purposely placed or hidden away. Congrats on your fist cache Ed and also on the silver s too. :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2013, 02:06 PM
That's probably the most coins found in a lunch hour hunt ever! :wow:

And two silver quarters for icing on the cake! |:cheering:

:congrats:

EdNargel
06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
that many coins in one location would be consided a cache , any money or valuables purposely placed or hidden away. Congrats on your fist cache Ed and also on the silver s too. :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

The odd thing about this cache was its location, it was in a curb strip no more than a foot from the street curb. :thinkingabout:

coinnut
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I wish all clad was in one hole, that way you don't have to dig 50 holes lol Nice hunt. We never turn away silver :drool:

Hook
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
congrats on the 4 silvers! and that coin stash...wow! strange indeed. i found 25 wheats in the same hole last summer , in a curb strip next to the sidewalk. if we only knew the stories of how these coin stashes came to be there huh? congrats and HH!!

leslie(nova scotia)
06-17-2013, 07:58 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
nice scoffs on the silver and quota too boot. Doesn't get much better. may the streak continue! <;)

EdNargel
06-17-2013, 09:49 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
nice scoffs on the silver and quota too boot. Doesn't get much better. may the streak continue! <;)

Thanks, in amongst the coins was a Canadian quarter, I've dug a number Canadian pennies and a few dimes but this was a first for me <;) :grin:

POKIE73
06-17-2013, 03:10 PM
thats quite a find it was some kids stash ill bet was more than likely in a small bag congrats on your finds dennis |:cheering: |:cheering: