PDA

View Full Version : Memorial weekend 2013 finds

DennisH
06-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi all, did a 3 night camping trip to Iowa Memorial week end and between the rains got a lot of land hunting in. Hit a few new spots, a few played out old spots and a old spot still giving up goodies. ( a full tank of gas weekend) Got to hunt with my buddy Joe also. Had a great time!!!!

POKIE73
06-05-2013, 06:29 AM
looks like a good hunt to me congrats on getting to hunt with freinds and on some great finds dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

bob_e99
06-05-2013, 06:54 AM
:wow:

Silver rings and coins. What more can you ask for? That is a very nice hunt. :congrats:

It also sounds like a very fun hunt although I'm not too crazy about the idea of sleeping on the ground. The bones are too old for that. lol

z118
06-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Awesome digs! That's a nice silver haul any way you look at it. Congrats!

JTGOLD
06-05-2013, 07:48 AM
very nice silver and other coins,very good hunt.

DennisH
06-05-2013, 11:52 AM
:wow:

Silver rings and coins. What more can you ask for? That is a very nice hunt. :congrats:

It also sounds like a very fun hunt although I'm not too crazy about the idea of sleeping on the ground. The bones are too old for that. lol

No sleeping on the ground for me either, pop up camper at a eletric site. $17.00 a night.

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Terrific pile of silver, and I love that token too! |:cheering:

coinnut
06-05-2013, 05:14 PM
That's my kind of camping lol Nice bunch of silver. You dug a lot of holes lol What a way to spend the weekend :clapping:

jkress
06-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Wow!... nice silvers Dennis. :clapping: Great bunch of keepers.

Are you the guy I saw hunting the field on Rhomberg? I was heading to the grocery store when I noticed a Minelab with Sun Ray swinging. :confused:
I drove around the block and got behind MinelabIowa getting out of his vehicle to chat with you. lol I waived to Joe and moved on.

Figured it might be Patrick. :dontknow:

Congrats Dennis.

DennisH
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Wow!... nice silvers Dennis. :clapping: Great bunch of keepers.

Are you the guy I saw hunting the field on Rhomberg? I was heading to the grocery store when I noticed a Minelab with Sun Ray swinging. :confused:
I drove around the block and got behind MinelabIowa getting out of his vehicle to chat with you. lol I waived to Joe and moved on.

Figured it might be Patrick. :dontknow:

Congrats Dennis.

Thanks Joe and that was me, next time stop to say hi or better yet get the detectors and join us.

etrac1
06-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Nice hunt

jkress
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
next time stop to say hi or better yet get the detectors and join us.

Yes, I will next time... I promise. :yes:

So, what of these fine keepers you posted came from the field:huh::huh: I've eyed those dirt piles for 4 weeks now. :->

Let me know the next time you are in town, :beerbuddy: and tell Joe to give me a call soon.

DennisH
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes, I will next time... I promise. :yes:

So, what of these fine keepers you posted came from the field:huh::huh: I've eyed those dirt piles for 4 weeks now. :->

Let me know the next time you are in town, :beerbuddy: and tell Joe to give me a call soon.

Nothing from that spot but I was not there long, the way it was scraped and the rain made it slippery as all get out so I moved on with the other Joe. My next trip that way I will have the other Joe get ahold of yea and we can go silver hunting.

Epi-hunter
06-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Great finds Dennis - I just love that picture of all the silver together :smitten:

MinelabIowa
06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Just to clear the record ,,I knew there was more silver at the Location Dennis and I hunted and I knew about for years. What goes around comes around. Dennis is very very fair and shares his spots with me too. I had alot of fun watching you pull up those oldies! Super Congrats Dennis!

aloldstuff
06-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Great pile of silver and I love to dig those religious medals.