PDA

View Full Version : long showers

pulltabsteve
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
My daughter takes long showers. 40 minute showers :rolleyes: So this morning she's doing the shower marathon and I decide to go downstairs to get my detecting equipment to load in the truck. I hear water dripping ::huh:: Go in the laundry room and its like a waterfall >:{ >:# >:/ WATER EVERYWHERE!!! >:/ The drain pipe P-trap to the bathtub rotted out and there's a 1/4 x 2 long split in the pipe. Went to take the nuts off for the P-trap and the top pipe breaks >:{ >{ >:/ So after I drive her to work I'll run over to home cheapo and get the parts to fix it. And Mike and I had plans to hit a new spot today, a 1700s private property!! :crying02: Another day in the life of pulltabsteve.............
Have a nice day everyone! :)

del
06-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Just 40 minutes Steve ?? my 17 year old has held the record at our house at an hour and 10 minutes and usually averages about 50 minutes :eyebrow: sorry to hear about the pipe and the unwanted work needed to fix it . no get out there and find some good stuff. ;)

OxShoeDrew
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Wow, that's some seriously long showers. I'd be >:#

pulltabsteve
06-09-2013, 11:23 AM
If my kid took 70 minute showers I'd be putting in a campers solar shower outside that uses saved rain water! Project all completed. thumbsup01 Everything went smooth. :bananadance: Now, shop vac up some water, throw out what got ruined and see if we can get out and detect. :peace:

coinnut
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I'd rig the hot water tank to shut off after 10 minutes lol Sorry about the water. Get it quick and run a dehumidifier or a lot of fans before it molds over. Them colonial items can wait one more day for you Steve ;)

z118
06-09-2013, 05:43 PM
You guys are a lot nicer than me... I used to shut the hot water off in the basement all the time when the showers got too long. lol

Good luck with repairs Steve!