PDA

View Full Version : A week of digs

z118
06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I got in a few evening hunts this past week. I hit a bunch of new spots but none really produced beyond some wheats, older nickels, and a war nickel. Saturday I hunted a few spots in the afternoon and wound up with more wheats, a worn Buff, and a nice 1927 dog license. Sunday was a great day... the weather was flawless and I hit a quiet spot a few towns over. I scored a nice sterling Boy Scout ring, a beat up Rosie, and another war nickel. A second spot yielded a 1911 V nickel and a 1912 Barber dime. All told it was a good week.

Happy hunting...

bob_e99
06-09-2013, 07:39 PM
:wow: That is quite a haul. I can't believe the number of nickels that you find. I have yet to find a V nickel and have only one war nickel for this year. And you got yet another Barber dime which looks to be in great shape. I haven't found any of those this year. And top it all off with a nice looking silver ring. <:

:congrats: on some really excellent hunts.

|:cheering: |:cheering:

del
06-09-2013, 07:55 PM
thats a great weeks worth of finds Z , love the scout ring :smitten:

coinnut
06-09-2013, 08:05 PM
That Scout ring is in perfect shape. Nice catch. I'd be pounding that place you got the Barber and V. It's older than the other spots you hit. If that pocket watch has a back, shake it to see if it has any coins in it. Del got a Walking Liberty half inside one. Good all around hunting. |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
06-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Wow, z! I love that silver ring! It's going up on the banner for sure :smitten:

The other finds are terrific too. I love the old dog tags - and I collect pocket watches so I really love that find. I have yet to find one. :perfect10:

JTGOLD
06-09-2013, 09:37 PM
thats some very good hunting,nice keepers and i like that ring,wtg.

aloldstuff
06-13-2013, 07:24 AM
:congrats: on all those keepers. Love that BS ring, would love to find a silver one.

Tony Two-Cent
06-18-2013, 02:32 PM
What a terrific bunch of finds! Great old coins, and I love the pocket watch and the Boy Scout ring too! :yes:

:congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nothing shabby me bouy. The ring is a real keeper! <;)

Ill Digger
06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
:peace: Sweet find Z!! :clapping:
I mean they're all good but I too gotta side with some of the others. The Scout ring is the gem on top of the pile of goodies you bagged over the weekend! :drool:
Congrats! :grin:
Maybe it's because I was a Boy Scout at one time :daydream: , or because I found one just like it and know what it feels like to see one come out of the ground. <: :happydance01: happydance02 ....... lol

PL8MAN
06-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Great bunch of treasure thumbsup01 Love the scout ring